Best of 2017: 100 Top Casserole Recipes of the Year
Sample 2017's best casseroles with our complete collection of recipes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
If you love to cook and try out new casserole recipes, you're in the right place! We've put together this collection of reader-favorite recipes from 2017 to give you the best of the best.
This year, our readers loved chicken and ground beef casseroles as well as copycat recipes, Italian pasta casseroles, Mexican recipes, and much more! It was a year filled with all kinds of delicious ingredients and inspired by different cuisines.
Whether you prefer a recipe with a simple ingredient list or you want to make a recipe that's completely from scratch, there is a recipe in this collection for you! No matter your skill level as cook, these recipes are simple enough for a beginner cook and impressive enough for a more experienced home cook.
Peruse the categories on this page for inspiration and a ton of new recipes to try out in 2018!
Table of Contents
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, and these recipes will get your day started on the right foot! Casseroles with biscuits and sausage reigned supreme this year. Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Casserole is the sweet (and entirely homemade!) addition to this otherwise savory collection.
This year's list once again proves how versatile chicken can be! Alfredo sauce, pasta, broccoli, and tomato sauce are just a few of the ingredients that make up 2017's most popular chicken casseroles. Choose a few from this list and you'll understand why our readers love them so much!
- 4-Ingredient Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Alice's Casserole
- Baked Chicken Spaghetti
- Cheddar Chicken Salad Casserole
- Cheesy Bacon Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti
- Chicken & Cornbread Cowboy Casserole
- Chicken Gloria Casserole
- Country Style Casserole
- Easy, Cheesy, Ritzy Chicken Casserole
- Forgotten Chicken
- Grandma Betty's Crunchy Chicken Casserole
- Grandma's Heirloom Country Chicken Casserole
- Healthy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Magic Chicken Pie
- Meat and Potatoes Bake
- One-Bowl Chicken Casserole
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- The King of all Casseroles
- World's Easiest Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Irish Chicken Pie
Beef & Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
If you have a pound of ground beef in your freezer you can make any one of these 19 casseroles. 1960s Steak Casserole is the only exception because it's made with steak rather than ground beef. These ground beef casseroles are the perfect addition to your weekly meal rotation.
- 1960s Steak Casserole
- Barbeque Beef Lasagna
- Biscuit-Topped Ground Beef Casserole
- Bisquick John Wayne Casserole
- Bubble-Up Hamburger Casserole
- Cattle Drive Casserole
- Comforting Amish Yumasetti Ground Beef Casserole
- Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- German Cabbage Casserole
- Doritos Casserole with Ground Beef
- Hamburger Pie with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Italian Crescent Casserole
- Lazy Day Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Old Country German Cabbage Casserole with Ground Beef
- Pioneer Pie
- Poor Man's Hamburger Casserole
- Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole
- Lumberjack Ground Beef Casserole
- Chinese Chow Mein Casserole
- Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
Pork and Ham Casseroles
Whether you have leftover ham from the holidays or you just love the flavor, there is so much that can be done with ham. Easy Pork Chop Casserole also rounds out the list of this year's most popular pork and ham casseroles. You can find everything from an egg casserole and a rice bake to baked sliders and a pork chop dinner right here.
Side Dish Casseroles
From holiday meals to potluck dinners, there is simply no occasion when a side dish casserole is unwelcome! Below you will find casseroles with cabbage, corn, potatoes, and even a recipe for carrot custard. No matter which recipe you choose, it is sure to be a hit!
Copycat Recipes for Casseroles
If you love going out to dinner but there's just no extra room in your monthly budget, luckily you can make your favorite recipes at home. These recipes inspired by Cracker Barrel and Taco Bell are sure to delight. Paula Deen Copycat Chicken Cobbler will make you feel like you're eating dinner at Paula's house!
If you like burritos and tacos, but want an easier way to serve food to a crowd, you can't go wrong with these Mexican casseroles. They were 2017's reader favorites after all! These recipes all have the spices you know and love about Mexican food, but in the comforting form of a casserole.
It is difficult to find someone who doesn't like Italian food, isn't it? Many of these Italian casseroles are made with pasta, but no two recipes are the same. You will not get bored with this varied collection. Enjoy any of these tasty casseroles with a green side salad and some garlic bread and you'll have the perfect dinner!
- 3-Ingredient Baked Pasta
- Cheesy Sour Cream Pasta Casserole
- Cream Cheese Spaghetti Dream
- Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole
- Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole
- Dump and Bake Pizza Pasta Casserole
- One Pot Italian Chicken Bake
- Skinny Spinach Lasagna
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Bake
- Twenty Minute Tortellini Bake
Dessert Casserole Recipes
These desserts are all made with incredible ingredients like chocolate, pecans, strawberries, peanut butter, and more. Whether you're searching for a layered chilled dessert, a cozy cobbler, a dump cake, or bread pudding, you'll find something to satisfy your sweet tooth here.
Rounding out the list, we have a few recipes that just couldn't be forgotten! A casserole for two, seafood recipes, and more are below. These recipes just might become your new favorites too!
What was your favorite recipe in 2017? Let us know in the comments below!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Retro Chicken 'n Chips Casserole is another mix and bake chicken casserole recipe. It doesn't get much easier than that! What makes… Continue reading: "Retro Chicken 'n Chips Casserole"
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 19 Best Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes
- The Top 100 Casseroles
- 5 Ingredient Recipes: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes to Try
- 12 Top-Rated Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 26 Easy Southern Food Recipes
- 10 Savory Muffin Tin Recipes
- 42 Easy Casserole Recipes for Busy People
- 19 Amish Food Recipes
- "14 Easy Recipes for Potato Casseroles" Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Cherry Blueberry Biscuit Cobbler
- Pumpkin Dutch Baby Cake With Maple Whipped Cream
- Southern Butter Pecan Skillet Cookie
- CDN ProAccurate Rotating Thermocouple Thermometer
- Chicken Lasagna
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Mushroom Ravioli
- SUPER EASY & DELICIOUS TURKEY POT PIE
- The easiest ever chicken Parmesan recipe
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways