- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Judith's Wicked Chicken
Your whole family will love this zesty chicken and pasta casserole!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
If you are looking for a super simple chicken casserole recipe, look no further than this recipe for Judith's Wicked Chicken. The word "wicked" isn't included in the recipe title for nothing. Each bite of this casserole is loaded with flavor.
This casserole is zippy and a bit spicy because the sauce for the casserole is made from a combination of jarred Alfredo sauce, canned chilies, diced bell pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cooked pasta is combined with the sauce and then topped with lightly browned chicken breasts before baking in the oven. This chicken casserole has plenty of flavor.
Serve it alongside your favorite bread, salad, or vegetables.
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice (such as penne or farfalle)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15-ounce) jar prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild Mexican chilies, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced, 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Dinner doesn't get much easier than this. It's a new chicken casserole recipe to add to your dinner menu: Easy, Cheesy, Ritzy Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 7 x 12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook the pasta in salted water as the package directs. Drain and place into a large bowl.
Meanwhile, place the oil into a 10-inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken breasts on each side, about 5 minutes total.
Add the Alfredo sauce, chilies, bell pepper, pepper flakes, and salt to the bowl with the pasta and toss to coat. Place the pasta mixture into the baking dish and tuck the chicken into the pasta, spooning a bit of sauce over the chicken and topping with the reserved red bell pepper.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
Want to learn more about cooking chicken? Check out our how-to guide and download a copy of our free infographic: 4 Ways to Cook Chicken for a Casserole
Read NextCharming French Chicken Casserole
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Aug 14, 2019
Have made this, but mine is better..... First I purchased 2 packages of the largest breast from "Sprouts" openair market.. Roughly 9lb's of chicken of skinless breast meat.. 3 diced red bell peppers,,,,,,, 2 cns (7oz) of diced green chili's,,,,,,,, 1 cn of the "HATCH" diced chili's.... 1 large bag of 3/4" egg noodles..... A large jar of Alfredo sauce and a 16 oz of sour cream.. Combine these 2 with the cn's of green chili's and bake @ 350 (covered) for the first 45 minutes.. Then twards the end of oven time,,,, Sprinkle "GENERIOUSLY" with "Monterey Jack ckeese"..... WATCH OUT,,,,,,,,,, This one hurts!!
Sep 25, 2015
I liked the creaminess of the sauce and the pasta part in general, except I thought it was a bit too spicy to me. I don't know if I'd eat it again, but I'm glad I tried it!
Sep 24, 2015
May be I just don't love Alfredo sauce, but this chicken recipe was just okay to me. I would eat again, but probably wouldn't make it.
Aug 14, 2019
Follow my post next time and let me know how it turned out..
Sep 24, 2015
I love the flavor of the pasta! I prefer my pasta to be drier, so next time I will probably use less sauce, bake the pasta until it is golden brown, and skip the chicken altogether.
Sep 24, 2015
Yum! Easy to make with just enough spiciness. My idea of comfort food.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe
This Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe is the most delicious way to enjoy summer squash or yellow zucchini. This easy zucchini… Continue reading: "Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe"
- Charming French Chicken Casserole
- Down-Home Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- Grandma's Heirloom Country Chicken Casserole
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Easy Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Gloria Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken a la King Casserole
- Grandma Betty's Crunchy Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Easy to Make Chicken Pot Pie
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- Guiness Beef Pie
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways