20 Easy Southern Food Recipes
By: Natalie Terchek, Editor, AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
The most unique quality about Southern food recipes is that they really give you a taste of what Southern hospitality is like. Sometimes, they can be comforting, like a nice warm plate of cornbread or some baked mac and cheese. Other times, Southern food recipes can give you a much-needed kick, like when they use spicy barbecue sauce or green chilies.
To give you a taste of that famous Southern hospitality without having to buy a plane ticket, we've provided 20 Easy Southern Food Recipes for you to try in the comfort of your own home. From Chicken n' Egg Cornbread Hotdish to Cheesy Grits and Smokey Grits Casserole, all of these meals include the traditional staples that make those Southern cooking recipes so easy to fall in love with.
If you look at the Southern food recipes we've listed below, you'll notice that we've included quite a few chicken and pasta entrees. Even though you can get chicken and pasta just about anywhere, you won't quite get them like you would in the South, where they're loaded with ingredients like butter, bacon, ranch dressing or hot sauce (just to name a few).
To sweeten things up, we've also included some Southern food recipes for corn side dishes, including traditional Southern cornbread, which is so popular down there that most people use it as a main ingredient for rich, creamy casseroles. If you've never tasted cornbread fresh out of the oven, baked with creamed corn and fresh green peppers, then you don't know what you're missing.
And of course, our list of 20 Easy Southern Food Recipes wouldn't be complete if we didn't include grits, one of the biggest Southern staples. Whether loaded with cheese or mixed with seafood, we think you'll find that these dishes are packed with flavor and warmth.
20 Easy Southern Food Recipes
Table of Contents
We'll bet you've never had chicken like this before. Whether you use eggs, hot sauce or biscuits in the following Southern chicken recipes, these casseroles are guaranteed to knock your socks off.
- Chicken n' Egg Cornbread Hotdish
- BBQ Chicken And Cornbread Casserole
- Chicken Noodle and Dumpling Casserole (shown left)
- Country Style Casserole (shown right)
If you're looking for a good dish packed with flavor, you have to try some of these Southern comfort recipes with pasta. They're loaded with goodies like bacon, barbecue sauce and, of course, lots and lots of melted cheese.
- Sinfully Sinful Baked Macaroni and Cheese (shown left)
- Creamy, Cheesy, BBQ Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- 3-Cheese Wagon Wheels with Spinach (shown right)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese
A Southern dining room table wouldn't be complete without one of these traditional corn side dishes. Whether you try the corn pudding or corn casserole, these recipes are sure to bring some sweetness to your dinner.
- Ma's Baked Corn Pudding
- Corn Pudding: The Easy Way (shown left)
- Broccoli Cheese Cornbread Casserole
- Corn Casserole (shown right)
- Southern Baked Corn Casserole
- Triple Corn Casserole
To really get a flavor for the South, we recommend you try some of these shrimp and grits recipes, in addition to others. Grits are a go-to meal down South, and since most of these recipes are packed with delicious cheese and collard greens, it's easy to see why.
- Cheesy Grits and Smokey Greens Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Grits Casserole (shown left)
- Aunt Wendy's Shrimp 'n Grits Casserole
- Deep South Shrimp and Grits Casserole (shown right)
- Grits 'N Greens Casserole
- Sausage and Cheese Grits Casserole
- Lightened Cheddar Grits Casserole
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 24 Old Fashioned Casserole Recipes
- 18 Amish Food Recipes
- 15 Quick Dinner Ideas: Dump Cake Recipes and Dump and Go Meals
- Your Weekly Meal Plan: 42 Easy Casserole Recipes for Busy People
- Cabbage Recipes We Love: 9 Cabbage Casserole Recipes
- 14 Freezer Meal Recipes to the Rescue
- 16 Best Casserole Recipes for Spring
- The Top 100 Casseroles: Easy Casserole Recipes for Dinner, Plus Breakfast Casseroles and Dessert Recipes
- 25 Simple and Easy Recipes Using 5 Ingredients or Less
- 20 Easy Southern Food Recipes
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Totally Bamboo GreenLite Paddle Cutting Board
- Chinese Chicken, Mushroom and Rice Casserole
- Asian Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Vegetable Side Dishes: 21 Cauliflower Casserole Recipes
- Fiesta Ceramic Casserole Dish Review
- Camp Chef Outdoor Oven Review
- Chili Cheese Dog Crescent Casserole
- Weeknight Italian Sausage Lasagna
- Mom's Pork and Cabbage Casserole
- Sheet Pan Korean Chicken and Vegetables