19 Amish Food Recipes
These Amish recipes are perfect for a back-to-basics, homecooked meal.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
These 19 Amish Food Recipes prove that less is more. Simple ingredients are all you need to create wholesome, hearty, and family-friendly meals.
From breakfast to dinner and dessert, Amish recipes have stood the test of time. Explore all eighteen recipes and learn how to cook like the Amish did, still do, and will continue to do in the future.
Enjoy an Amish-style meal that is hearty, comforting, and easy to prepare. Try your hand at one of these delicious Amish cooking recipes; your family will be so glad you did.
BONUS! For another classic Amish recipe, check out the video for Easy Amish Meatloaf from our friends at RecipeLion!
Amish Breakfast Casseroles
Amish people are hard workers, so it makes sense that their breakfast recipes would be filled with protein and hearty ingredients that provide energy for a long day.
The following Amish breakfast casseroles are simple to make and are completely delicious. You can count on Amish food recipes to wake you up in the morning and set the pace for a good day. Whether you like a wholesome breakfast during the week or save them for the weekend, these recipes will satisfy you any morning.
For a hearty breakfast and comforting start to the day, be sure to try this Amish Bacon and Hash Brown Breakfast Bake (shown). Hash browns, bacon, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs make up this satisfying and scratch-made breakfast bake.
- Cheesy Amish Breakfast Casserole
Onions, bacon, and hash browns make this egg casserole irresistibly delicious. This recipe would be great for a family gathering or a quiet weekend at home.
- Amish Style Breakfast Casserole
If you like cheesy breakfast casseroles, you can't go wrong with this recipe. Cheddar, Swiss, and cottage cheese perfectly complement the savory bacon in this dish.
- Amish Breakfast Casserole with Potatoes and Sausage
This recipe uses both bacon and sausage, so it is bursting with amazing flavor. This cheesy hash brown bake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- Amish-Style Loaded Breakfast Casserole
For the perfect way to feed breakfast to a crowd, look no futher than this recipe. This casserole can be assembled the night before and baked when you're ready to serve it.
If these Amish meals put you in the mood for wholesome dinners, then you may also like some of our other comfort food recipes in our collection of 24 Old Fashioned Casserole Recipes
Amish Food Recipes for Dinner
After a long day's work, it's nice to come home to (or prepare) a home cooked dinner. These Amish food recipes for dinner are just the thing to satisfy a hungry stomach.
Try the Bridled Noodles if you'd like a quick fix dinner that will get on the table fast. If you favor ground beef, try Amish Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole. It's filled with layers of irresistible comfort.
Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling (shown) is the perfect way to turn leftover mashed potatoes into something new! Toasted bread cubes, celery, and onions add the perfect amount of flavor and texture to this casserole.
- Bridled Noodles
This comforting side dish features buttered noodles layered with Italian breadcrumbs. You can also serve these noodles with gravy, but it's not required!
- Amish Ham Casserole
No matter the time of day, this recipe is a good idea! This savory ham, potato, and egg bake would be great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's up to you!
- Amish Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole
If you like traditional lasagna, you'll love this Amish version. Egg noodles make this casserole lighter and easier to assemble than classic lasagna.
- Comforting Amish Yumasetti Ground Beef Casserole
This cozy recipe uses simple ingredients like canned soup and frozen peas, so prep time is a breeze. This recipe makes a lot, so it's a great choice for a potluck!
- Amish Sunday Supper Pot Pie
Lentils and butternut squash make up the filling of this hearty, meatless pie. The whole wheat crust makes it even more satisfying.
If you liked these Amish dinner ideas, be sure to check out more comforting classics in our collection of "11 Easy Pot Pie Recipes: Chicken Pot Pie Recipes and Other Comfort Foods" Free eCookbook
Amish Dessert Recipes
After a good, wholesome dinner, a delightful dessert must follow. Choose from these seven simply amazing Amish dessert recipes.
For a fruity option, try Amish Pineapple Bars (shown). They're perfect for the summer because they use the tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut.
For a cold-weather dessert, opt for Amish-Style Cinnamon Chip Bread Pudding. A good bread pudding can warm up your soul. We hope you enjoy all of these Amish desserts.
- Shoofly Pie Bars
These dessert bars are inspired by Shoofly Pie, a classic Pennsylvania Dutch recipe. The oatmeal shortbread crust is topped with a moist brown sugar and syrup cake. You won't want to miss these!
- Amish Apple Dumpling Recipe
Homemade apple dumplings are always a good idea! A cinnamon-spiced brown sugar syrup adds the perfect touch of sweetness to this rustic dessert.
- Amish-Style Cinnamon Chip Bread Pudding
There are few desserts as comforting as bread pudding! Cinnamon chips and a homemade vanilla sauce make this recipe extra special.
- Amish Style Oatmeal Walnut Pie
This special pie features a filling of walnuts and oatmeal. These pies can be made in four individual pans or in one larger pie pan.
- Seriously Good Amish Pineapple Bars
The flavor of these pineapple coconut bars is really brightened up with lemon juice and zest. The cream cheese frosting is then topped with a layer of toasted coconut and walnuts.
- Amish Strawberry Shortcake
Homemade shortcake has never tasted so good! A streusel topping makes it even more special. Be sure to serve this with plenty of sliced strawberries.
Bread pudding is an old-fashioned dessert that's also budget friendly! For even more delicious ideas, check out our collection of 15 of the Best Bread Pudding Recipes Ever
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
With just 10 minutes of prep, you'll be able to whip up this amazing Dump-and-Bake Chicken a la King Casserole to cook in 45 minutes!… Continue reading: "Dump-and-Bake Chicken a la King Casserole"
- 5 Ingredient Casseroles: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes to Try
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Recipes with Bisquick: 8 Casserole Recipes with Bisquick
- 15 Cabbage Casserole Recipes
- 16 Cowboy Casserole Recipes of the Wild Wild West
- The Top 100 Recipes of 2013
- Crescent Roll Recipes: 23 Crescent Roll Casseroles
- 42 Easy Casserole Recipes for Busy People
- 19 Best Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes
- 12 Top-Rated Chicken Casserole Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic And Herb Pork Tend Loin With Vegetables
- Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
- How To Make A Crowd-pleasing Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 2-ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- Refreshing Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Baked Pork Chops And Apples
- 4-ingredient Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken And Stuffing Casserole
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways