15 of the Best Bread Pudding Recipes Ever
Find chocolate bread pudding, classic bread pudding, and bread pudding recipes for the fall!
While bread pudding is a traditional Southern-style dish, it tastes so great that it is now enjoyed all across the globe. There are so many different types of bread pudding that you could eat a different type for dessert every day of the week.
From classic bread pudding recipes to chocolate bread pudding recipes, we have compiled bread pudding recipes for all tastes. Whether you like your bread pudding with whiskey, chocolate, or even pumpkin, we guarantee that there is a bread pudding for you. Come check out 15 of the Best Bread Pudding Recipes Ever.
Even though bread pudding is often thought of as a cold-weather dessert, bread puddings can also be enjoyed as breakfast casseroles. You can enjoy bread pudding any time of year with these delicious dessert casserole recipes.
Many of these easy bread pudding recipes are similar to traditional French toast casseroles, which makes them perfect for Christmas breakfast, Easter brunch, or Mother's Day celebrations.
15 of the Best Bread Pudding Recipes Ever
Table of Contents
Bread Pudding Recipes for the Fall
- Apple Bread PuddingApple Bread Pudding is a fantastic bread pudding recipe that makes for a wonderful breakfast. You may not be able to tell, but this bread pudding is actually really healthy. All of the ingredients are good for you, so you can definitely eat it while dieting.
- Apple Cinnamon Bread PuddingApple Cinnamon Bread Pudding is a comforting bread pudding recipe that is perfect for a fall or winter evening. Since this treat is both gluten-free and delicious, it can be enjoyed by all!
- Cinnamon Apple Bread PuddingThis apple bread pudding features cinnamon and caramel sauce so it is the perfect fall treat. This recipe is great both dessert or even a special breakfast.
- Best-Ever Pecan Pie Bread PuddingServe this mouthwatering dessert warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to really put it over the top. Your entire home will smell heavenly as this pecan dessert bakes.
- Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding Recipe(pictured) Pumpkin pie fans, rejoice! Crisp pecans and cream cheese glaze top this decadent fall-spiced bread pudding.
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread PuddingThis bread pudding practically begs for a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel, or a light dusting of powdered sugar to finish it off. End any meal with a treat like this, and it's sure to be memorable.
Classic Bread Pudding Recipes
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey SauceThis recipe uses sour dough artisan bread which complements the sweet whiskey sauce beautifully.
- This bread pudding is moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside which makes for a great eating experience.
- Bread Pudding with Hot Butter Rum Sauce(pictured) Raisins and brown sugar complete this classic bread pudding recipe. The homemade hot butter rum sauce takes this recipe to the next level.
- Brandy Butter Bread PuddingThis old-fashioned bread pudding features hints of vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve with brandy butter for a truly vintage dessert that is insanely easy to prepare.
- Bourbon Bread PuddingThis cozy, bourbon-soaked bread pudding is the ultimate indulgence. The raisins and bourbon-flavored sauce make this dessert truly special.
Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipes
- Dark Chocolate and Apple Bread Pudding(pictured) Chocolate bread pudding recipes are the best and this delicious one makes for a warm and comforting cold whether dessert.
- Dark Chocolate Bread PuddingThis decadent bread pudding is the ultimate indulgence. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream to impress your friends and family.
- Chocolate and Vanilla Sourdough Bread PuddingRaisins, chopped dark chocolate, and cinnamon add wonderful flavor to this simple bread pudding. The true beauty of this unique bread pudding is that is can easily be made with different combinations of dried fruit and chocolate.
- Ooey Gooey Chocolate Bread PuddingIf you like indulgent dessert recipes, look no further than this gooey bread pudding made with semisweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder. This dessert is impressive enough for company!
Ultimate Pecan Pie Bread Pudding [BONUS Full Recipe]
Ultimate Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
1 French baguette, preferably day-old, cut into 1-inch cubes (see NOTE)
2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
NOTE: If you do not have day-old bread, simply cut the baguette into 1-inch cubes and toast in the preheating oven for about 8 minutes until it dries and just begins to brown, then proceed with the recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the bread cubes and toss very well to coat the bread with the liquid mixture. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, pressing the bread into the liquid with the back of a spoon a few times.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the butter, brown sugar, and pecans. Pulse until the pecans are chopped and the mixture resembles wet sand.
4. Pour half of the bread mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture. Add another layer of the bread mixture and top it with the remaining nut mixture.
5. Place a rimmed cookie sheet into the oven and set the baking dish on it to catch any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes. The center may still be a bit soft but it will set up as it cools. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
To get a printer-friendly version of this recipe, click here!
Read NextKentucky Spoon Bread