The Unofficial Guide to State Casseroles: 50 Casserole Recipes Across America
Eat your way across the United States without leaving your own home!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Because the United States is such a massive country, it can be easy to lose sight of what makes each state unique.
Every state has an official state food or a dish that it's famous for, which is why we have created this collection, The Unofficial Guide to State Casseroles. These easy casserole recipes will show you new ways to enjoy the official state foods of each state. Learn what each state brings to the table by following this comprehensive collection of casserole recipes.
If you're interested in learning what makes each state unique, use our guide as a fun way to cook your way across the USA! We've included every state from A to Z as we take you on a culinary tour of America. So, choose a state and start cooking!
Table of Contents
Casseroles from Alabama to Georgia
These casserole recipes feature many different types of ingredients from salmon to peaches. Sample these recipes from Alabama to Georgia and enjoy a culinary tour of America.
- Southern-Style Macaroni and Cheese
Alabama - Fried catfish is a popular dinner recipe in Alabama and this Southern mac and cheese would pair perfectly with fried fish.
- Penne Salmon Bake
Alaska - King salmon is the official state food, and this Penne Salmon Bake highlights this special state fish in a wonderful way.
- Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole
Arizona - Tex-Mex is a popular dinner choice in Arizona, so this Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole is sure to be a hit.
- Kitchen Sink Rice Bake
Arkansas - As the largest producer of rice in the United States, it's only natural that rice is also Arkansas's official food.
- Skinny Chicken Bacado Casserole
California - When you think of fruit, avocados probably don't come to mind. However, the avocado is the official state fruit of California!
- Denver Omelet Casserole
Colorado - Colorado is the birthplace as of the Denver Omelet and this casserole pays tribute to the storied breakfast bake.
- All-in-One Seafood Casserole
Connecticut - All types of seafood are popular in Connecticut, so this All-in-One Seafood Casserole lets you sample the flavors of this state.
- Crab Pasta Casserole
Delaware - Soft shelled crabs are a popular menu item for dinner, so this Crab Pasta Casserole is sure to be a hit.
- Funeral Sandwich Casserole
Florida - These baked sliders are inspired by the Cuban sandwich. The Cuban cultural influence in Florida makes this a hugely popular food throughout the state.
- Brandied Georgia Peach Cobbler
Georgia - Peaches are the official state fruit in Georgia and this peach cobbler is one of the best ways to enjoy this sweet fruit.
Casseroles from Hawaii to Maryland
From deep dish pizza, to Amish food, to shrimp and grits, and even pineapple casserole, these casserole recipes will give you a taste of what each state is famous for!
- Hot Pineapple Casserole
Hawaii - This state is known for its production of pineapples and this Hot Pineapple Casserole is a uniquely delicious way to enjoy this sweet fruit.
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Idaho - The potato is the official state food of Idaho. Potatoes are the largest crop in Idaho and this casserole is a great way to enjoy this official state food.
- Easy Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Illinois - Chicago is known for its famous deep dish pizza, and this casserole lets you make this special dish at home.
- Amish Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole
Indiana - This state is home to the third largest Amish population in the world. Enjoy this beef and noodle casserole to get a taste for the simpler things in life.
- The Cheesiest Corn Casserole
Iowa - This state is sometimes known as the "Corn State" and this casserole will give you a taste of what this state has to offer.
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
Kansas - Oatmeal is a very popular breakfast item in Kansas and this Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal has no shortage of flavor.
- Country Gravy Breakfast Casserole
Kentucky - Biscuits and gravy is one of the most popular breakfast recipes in Kentucky. Try this casserole for a simple version of the Southern classic.
- Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo Casserole
Louisiana - Gumbo is an official state recipe in Louisiana and this casserole version makes this classic recipe a breeze.
- Lobster Pot Pie
Maine - One of the most famous recipes to come out of Maine is the lobster roll. Enjoy the signature taste of lobster in this recipe for Lobster Pot Pie.
- Buttery Crab Cake Pudding
Maryland - You haven't had the true Maryland experience until you've tried Maryland crab. This Buttery Crab Cake Pudding is one of the best ways to enjoy this state food.
Looking for new ways to broaden your horizons? Try out a recipe from our collection of 12 Best Seafood Casserole Recipes from Around the World
Casseroles from Massachusetts to New Jersey
These states are known for everything from growing blueberries, hosting "All You Can Eat" buffets, to housing the headquarters of Campbell's. Tour the country with the help of these easy casserole recipes.
- Cornbread Cranberry Dressing
Massachusetts - Cranberries and cornbread are both official state foods in Massachusetts. This recipe for dressing combines them!
- Blueberry Banana Overnight French Toast Casserole
Michigan - Blueberries are grown in Michigan, which makes this French toast casserole the perfect tribute to the state.
- Classic Minnesota Hot Dish
Minnesota - Hot dish recipes are hugely popular in the state of Minnesota. Tater tots, ground beef, and green beans make this a comforting classic.
- Southern Collard Greens and Grits Casserole
Mississippi - Popular throughout the South, collard greens and grits combine in this casserole to make one delicious dish.
- Cheesy Beefy Potato Casserole
Missouri - This classic casserole from Missouri is perfect for when you crave a comforting meal.
- Cattle Drive Casserole
Montana - One of the largest industries in Montana is cattle, and this ground beef casserole will satisfy even the hungriest of cowboys.
- Beefy Bierock Casserole
Nebraska - Sometimes also called a Runza, Bierocks are bread pockets made of bread dough that are a hugely popular dinner recipe in Nebraska. Try the casserole version of this state recipe!
- Make-Ahead Cheesy Breakfast Casserole
Nevada - Las Vegas is famous for its "All You Can Eat" buffets and this casserole makes enough to give you "All You Can Eat."
- Gooey Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
New Hampshire - French toast is one of the most popular breakfast recipes in New Hampshire, so this casserole is sure to be a hit.
- Swiss Cheese Vegetable Casserole
New Jersey - Home of the headquarters of Campbell's, this casserole showcases the versatility of the famed canned soup.
Casseroles from New Mexico to South Carolina
Here you'll find recipes inspired by official state foods such as beans, sweet potatoes, pears, and even okra. These easy recipes for casseroles highlight the specialties of each state.
- Santa Fe Breakfast Bake
New Mexico - The state food of New Mexico is beans. This Santa Fe breakfast bake is loaded with black beans and other Mexican-inspired ingredients.
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
New York - Buffalo sauce originaled in Buffalo, New York, and the flavorful sauce has since been incorported in many different types of recipes.
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown Sugar Crumble
North Carolina - The official state food of North Carolina is the sweet potato. You don't have to wait til Thanksgiving to enjoy this sweet side dish casserole!
- Cheesy Roasted Potato Bake
North Dakota - Churches in North Dakota are known for their community-wide fellowship dinners. This is the potato casserole is the perfect recipe for a potluck.
- Johnny Marzetti Pasta Casserole
Ohio - This pasta casserole recipe created at the Marzetti family restaurant has become an important piece of Ohio's state history.
- Southern Okra Parmesan Casserole
Oklahoma - Fried okra is a very popular side dish in Oklahoma and this recipe takes the goodness of that recipe and makes it into a casserole.
- Ham, Brie, and Pear Bake
Oregon - The official state fruit of Oregon is the pear. When this fruit is paired with ham and brie cheese, you get a truly delicious recipe.
- Cheese Steak Pasta Casserole
Pennsylvania - When you think of Pennsylvania, the first thing you probably think of is the Philly Cheesesteak. This recipe makes that classic sandwich recipe into a pasta casserole.
- Mini Ham and Egg Casseroles with Broccoli
Rhode Island - Since Rhode Island is the smallest state in America, it is appropriate to make the smallest casseroles there, too!
- Deep South Shrimp and Grits Casserole
South Carolina - Shrimp and grits is an incredibly popular dinner recipe in South Carolina. This recipe combines that signature pairing and adds it to this easy casserole recipe.
Take another culinary tour with these 17 Easy Eggplant Casserole Recipes from Around the World
Casseroles from South Dakota to Wyoming
Maple syrup, Virginia ham, funeral potatoes, and even cheese curds all hail from these states. These states may be at the end of the alphabet, but they don't have to signify the end of your culinary tour across America!
- Beef and Cheese Tater Tot Casserole
South Dakota - Much like in Minnesota, casseroles are hugely popular in South Dakota. If you're looking for a comforting meal, you've found it here.
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
Tennessee - The home of a famous whiskey distillery, this delicious bread pudding showcases that signature taste.
- Creamy King Ranch Casserole
Texas - Tex Mex is very popular in Texas, so this zesty chicken casserole would be right at home.
- Bacon-Topped Funeral Potatoes
Utah - Funeral potatoes originated in Utah, and these bacon-topped funeral potatoes are not to be missed.
- Maple Sweet Potato Casserole with Sage Butter
Vermont - Maple syrup is an official state food in Vermont, which makes this maple-flavored casserole a perfect fit.
- Ham and Pasta Bake
Virginia - Virginia ham is a type of cured country ham that is made in the state of Virginia. This pasta bake showcases that signature ham flavor.
- Salmon Corn Casserole
Washington - Salmon is a hugely popular dinner item in Washington and this Salmon Corn Casserole highlights that perfectly.
- Perfect Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
West Virginia - A state known for its famous pepperoni rolls, and this pizza casserole pays tribute to that snack tradition.
- Pepperoni and Cheese Curd Pasta Casserole
Wisconsin - Cheese curds are a specialty in Wisconsin and this casserole uses them in a uniquely delicious way.
- Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole
Wyoming - Sometimes known as the "Cowboy State," which is why this Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole is so appropriate.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Vintage 1950s Hamburger Casserole is an old-fashioned recipe that is complete with ground beef, elbow macaroni, and canned tomatoes.… Continue reading: "Vintage 1950s Hamburger Casserole"
- 12 Top-Rated Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 42 Easy Casserole Recipes for Busy People
- "14 Easy Recipes for Potato Casseroles" Free eCookbook
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 28 Simple and Easy Recipes Using 5 Ingredients or Less
- 5 Ingredient Recipes: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes to Try
- 15 Quinoa Casserole Recipes to Try
- 19 Amish Food Recipes
- 12 German Casserole Recipes
- Quick Dinner Ideas: 20 Easy Dump and Go Meals
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- Farmhouse Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- French Onion Chicken Skillet Dinner
- Unstuffed Peppers With Rice Skillet Dinner
- Fettuccine Bolognese Skillet Dinner
- Spaghetti With Meat Sauce Skillet Dinner
- Taco Beef And Rice Skillet Dinner
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways