11 Easy Pot Pie Recipes: Chicken Pot Pie Recipes and Other Comfort Foods
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Meatball Sub Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Here is a dinner recipe that is good for the whole family. This Meatball Sub Casserole is great for both adults and children. While some recipes with meatballs can be difficult, this recipe is easy to make. You can use frozen, store-bought meatballs and still get a great tasting casserole. By topping this dish with cheese, the creamy and delicious flavor of the casserole really comes to life. So, have a fun family dinner tonight with this recipe.
If you enjoyed this Italian recipe, then you'll love our 22 Recipes for Italian Casseroles free eCookbook.
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 inch baking dish
- 1 Loaf bread, cut into 1- inch thick slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 pound package frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 28 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Arrange the bread in a single layer in an un-greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings; spread over the bread slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; set aside.
Gently mix together meatballs, spaghetti sauce and water; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Read NextCowboy Tater Tot Casserole
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
bentleytina 196222 2
Apr 02, 2022
I used sour cream instead of mayonnaise. My only suggestion is that I would toast the bread first because it was pretty soggy.
Aug 10, 2018
This seems super rich. Probably best to make it in the winter when you need a meal that will warm you up.
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't made this yet, but some of the comments make me think I might want to recalculate the amount of mayonnaise used in the recipe. I'm thinking about perhaps substituting some garlic aioli for the mayonnaise called for. I think the garlic flavor would be a nice addition to the overall taste of the dish. I'm also wondering what sort of bread could be used for this besides the obvious use of Italian bread. Any suggestions from those who have made this?
Aug 28, 2017
With owning our own first home we are trying to cut costs where we can so I love dishes that I can make that lasts a few days and can be given to my partner going to work for his lunch, I think with this one I could give him a roll and this going to work and he can fill the roll with it so it can bring a different flavour to what he had the night before for dinner)
Mar 27, 2017
Mayo with a meatball sub? Uh, no.
Jan 12, 2017
I tried this one with my family, and it had just too much of a mayonnaise taste for us.
Dec 16, 2016
where is the print icon?
Dec 19, 2016
Hi mamacatz3, we have just updated this recipe to include the print button. I hope you enjoy this recipe! - Natalie, Editor of AllFreeCasseroleRecipes
Jun 27, 2014
bethstamper 104702 8
Jun 26, 2014
Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it this weekend. Thanks!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Doritos Casserole with Ground Beef
Everyone needs a cheesy ground beef casserole in their life. If you don't have one yet, Doritos Casserole with Ground Beef is a great… Continue reading: "Doritos Casserole with Ground Beef"
- Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Quick and Easy Cheeseburger Pie
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes: 15 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Million Dollar Mac and Cheese
- 5-Ingredient Crescent Roll Chicken Casserole
- Best-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe
- Sinfully Easy Baked Pierogi Casserole
- Farmhouse Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Rhubarb Delight Bars Recipe
- Brisket With Mac And Cheese
- Blueberry Self-saucing Pudding
- Chicken And Couscous
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways