Cassie Johnston - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
By day, Cassie Johnston works in higher ed marketing, but after hours, Cassie is obsessed with all things edible. After gaining weight in college, Cassie had a lightbulb moment at a doctor’s appointment and left the office ready to change her eating—and her life. Fifty pounds later, a newfound passion for the healthy cooking was born. This love of all things health and wellness, lead to a second career in food writing and recipe development.
Cassie is a champion for local and organic food and her favorite kitchen challenge is creating clean, healthy and whole food versions of the traditional, delicious culinary classics. In her recipe bank, you’ll find decadent dishes like the 200 calorie brownie sundae and the lightened up chicken pot pie that are delicious enough to serve to guests but healthy enough to eat everyday.
She currently splits her freetime between blogging, recipe development, photography, and culinary arts school. Her recipes and articles have appeared on websites for major brands and in the pages of glossy food magazines. She writes a weekly food column for Anytime Fitness and is a guest writer for SparkPeople. She blogs twice daily about her food and culinary school adventures (and misadventures) at Back to Her Roots.
With her packed schedule, Cassie likes to focus on quick and easy solutions in the kitchen. You’ll find many of her recipes clock in under 30 minutes prep time. She also has a deep love affair with her slow cooker.
Cassie lives in Southern Indiana with her husband, Craig, and adorable, rambunctious terrier-mix, Rory. She’s a big fan of strenuous hikes, bacon, sports, trashy TV and good local beer.
Cassie's Recipes on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes:
Featured in these eCookbooks from AllFreeCasseroleRecipes:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Beef Lasagna Casserole is one of the classic Italian casserole recipes with ground beef that's made easy. This ground beef… Continue reading: "Beef Lasagna Casserolevideocam"
- Christy Denney - Food Blogger
- Creamy Parmesan Lemon Baked Pasta
- Shay Shull - Food Blogger
- Kalyn Denny - Food Blogger
- Ashton Swank - Food Blogger
- Mel - Food Blogger
- Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
- Amanda Formaro - Food Blogger
- R. Dawn Gardiner Bedingfield - Food Blogger
- Tracey Harrelson - Food Blogger
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Dorito Casserole
- Chile Relleno Casserole
- No Bake Eclair Cake
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Sweet Corn Red Potato Salad
- No-bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Easy Italian Ricotta Cake
- Spinach And Ground Beef Casserole
- Easy Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- Baked Penne
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways