Cassie Johnston - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
By day, Cassie Johnston works in higher ed marketing, but after hours, Cassie is obsessed with all things edible. After gaining weight in college, Cassie had a lightbulb moment at a doctor’s appointment and left the office ready to change her eating—and her life. Fifty pounds later, a newfound passion for the healthy cooking was born. This love of all things health and wellness, lead to a second career in food writing and recipe development.
Cassie is a champion for local and organic food and her favorite kitchen challenge is creating clean, healthy and whole food versions of the traditional, delicious culinary classics. In her recipe bank, you’ll find decadent dishes like the 200 calorie brownie sundae and the lightened up chicken pot pie that are delicious enough to serve to guests but healthy enough to eat everyday.
She currently splits her freetime between blogging, recipe development, photography, and culinary arts school. Her recipes and articles have appeared on websites for major brands and in the pages of glossy food magazines. She writes a weekly food column for Anytime Fitness and is a guest writer for SparkPeople. She blogs twice daily about her food and culinary school adventures (and misadventures) at Back to Her Roots.
With her packed schedule, Cassie likes to focus on quick and easy solutions in the kitchen. You’ll find many of her recipes clock in under 30 minutes prep time. She also has a deep love affair with her slow cooker.
Cassie lives in Southern Indiana with her husband, Craig, and adorable, rambunctious terrier-mix, Rory. She’s a big fan of strenuous hikes, bacon, sports, trashy TV and good local beer.
Cassie's Recipes on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes:
Featured in these eCookbooks from AllFreeCasseroleRecipes:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Y'all, are you ready for the cheesiest mac and cheese you'll ever eat? Get your heart (and stomach) ready for this slow cooker… Continue reading: "Just Like Trisha Yearwood's Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Roasted Garlic And Herb Pork Tend Loin With Vegetables
- How To Make A Crowd-pleasing Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 2-ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- Refreshing Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Baked Pork Chops And Apples
- 4-ingredient Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken And Stuffing Casserole
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Apple Dump Cake
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways