Julie May - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Julie May considers herself to be the prototypical modern American mom. During the day, she works full time as a professor of Anatomy & Physiology at a private Christian University. When she gets home, the real work begins as the mother of four beautiful children (3 boys and 1 girl).
Julie's blog, Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom, is intended to give viewers recipes that they can cook with their families. Research shows that the percentage of time you eat at home is inversely proportional to obesity, which means that eating out is a big reason why our nation's obesity levels have skyrocketed. The good news is that eating at home does not have to be complicated.
She includes step-by-step photos to guide even the newest cooks to success. Her goal is to give people confidence in making these dishes, and arm them with an arsenal of recipes that will make their families WANT to eat at home. After all, this is where relationships are forged and quality family time is gained.
Julie grew up in Southern Louisiana where the best food in the world is routinely brought from the garden and the water, and put on the table. Everyone in her family is a wonderful cook, so it's just natural that she shows her love to her family through food. She loves cooking and eating, as well as teaching her children the art and techniques of being in the kitchen. Her mother taught her that there is always SOME part of the cooking process that even small children can help with. Therefore, her kids are indeed very familiar with the kitchen, kitchen tools, use of homegrown herbs, etc.
After earning her PhD, Julie completed a post-doctoral fellowship at a world renown biomedical research center whose main research focus is on obesity and diabetes. This furthered her desire to have families cooking and eating at home, where you have control over the ingredients and quality of food that you feed your family.
Julie's Recipes on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes:
Featured in these eCookbooks from AllFreeCasseroleRecipes:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Joseph Joseph
- Anolon Tri-Ply Onyx Stainless Steel Straining Saucepan
- French Onion Chicken
- Magic Vegetable Pie
- Dump-and-Bake Southern Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- Microplane SwiftStrip Prep Tool
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Baked Mac And Cheese
- Diet Recipe of Apple Muffins with Cinnamon-Pecan Streusel
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways