14 Easy Paleo Recipes: The Best Paleo Casseroles
If you're looking for an easy paleo casserole, peruse our collection of recipes below. Plus, learn more about the paleo diet and lifestyle!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Just because you are keeping fit and healthy by maintaining a paleo diet does not mean that you cannot indulge in a comforting casserole.
Our collection of 14 Easy Paleo Recipes: The Best Paleo Casseroles includes pizza casserole recipes, easy chicken casserole recipes, and even a couple of sweet paleo casseroles. All of these paleo casserole recipes are easy to make and even more delicious to eat.
It's easy to keep up with your caveman diet while also satisfying all of your cravings with this collection of 14 Easy Paleo Recipes: The Best Paleo Casseroles.
Plus, learn more about the diet and lifestyle below!
Table of Contents
Paleo Dinner Recipes with Chicken
- Paleo Hatch Chile Casserole
This easy paleo casserole is made from a savory combination of shredded chicken, sausage, and hatch chile peppers. A creamy sauce helps to bind this Paleo Hatch Chile Casserole all together.
- Gluten-Free Chicken Enchiladas
These gluten-free, paleo-friendly Chicken Enchiladas make for a delicious, crowd-pleasing meal. Even those without dietary restrictions will gobble up these Gluten-Free Chicken Enchiladas.
- Paleo Chicken "Spaghetti"
This paleo casserole makes use of spaghetti squash so that you can enjoy a tasty "pasta" dish without all of the carbs. Tender chicken is combined with tomatoes, a creamy mushroom sauce, and spaghetti squash to make this Paleo Chicken "Spaghetti".
- Homemade Paleo Chicken Pot Pie
You can still enjoy classic comfort food, even when following the paleo diet. Homemade Paleo Chicken Pot Pie is so delicious, you won't want to go back to a traditional pot pie recipe.
For more diet-friendly recipes, be sure to check out 23 Low Carb Casseroles
Paleo Dinner Ideas with Beef, Turkey, and Pork
- Eggplant Pizza Casserole
Now you can enjoy a tasty pizza casserole even though you are on a paleo diet. Eggplant replaces the grains in this easy Eggplant Pizza Casserole.
- Mashed Cauliflower Paleo Shepherd's Pie
Because the topping of this casserole is made from mashed cauliflower, you can enjoy this Paleo Shepherd's Pie without feeling guilty. The mashed cauliflower has the same texture as mashed potatoes, but it is infinitely better for you.
- Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Keeping a paleo diet doesn't mean that you have to deny yourself pizza! This Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole is one the best paleo casseroles out there.
- Skillet Paleo Casserole for Two
This easy, one-pot meal is perfect for when you need a quick meal. Made with ground turkey, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes, this easy paleo recipe will fill you up without weighing you down.
Paleo Vegetable Casserole Recipes
- Paleo Green Bean Casserole Recipe
This paleo version of traditional green bean casserole will satisfy your comfort food cravings. This recipe is much healthier because, instead of a heavy cream sauce, this casserole is made with pureed cauliflower. When following a new diet, it can be difficult to give up the foods you loved, but this recipe proves you can have the best of both worlds.
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
If you are looking for easy side dish paleo casserole recipes, look no further than this recipe for Scalloped Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes offer an unusual but delicious twist on traditional scalloped potatoes.
- Special Green Bean Casserole
This recipe for Special Green Bean Casserole makes a great side dish to share with friends and family at your next party or holiday gathering because it is gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. This green bean casserole recipe is sure to become one your favorite easy paleo recipes.
Paleo Casserole Recipes for Dessert
- Coconut Banana Bake
If you are craving something sweet but don't want to break your paleo habits, try making this Coconut Banana Bake. This paleo dessert recipe combines sliced bananas with shredded coconut for a refreshing tropical treat.
- Pecan Pie Fudge Bars
It's easier than ever to maintain your paleo diet while also satisfying your sweet tooth with this recipe for Pecan Pie Fudge Bars. Pecan pie filling is combined with a fudgy crust and chocolate sauce to make these amazing paleo dessert bars.
- 4-Minute Paleo Mug Cake
This mini dessert casserole is the perfect guilt-free indulgence. Coconut flour, maple syrup, and vanilla add the perfect amount of sweetness to this simple mug dessert. You can also dress up this cake with sliced strawberries or your favorite kind of fresh fruit.
What is the Paleo Diet?
The paleo diet attempts to recreate the diet and some of the behaviors of our prehistoric ancestors, or cavemen, which is why this lifestyle is also known as “The Caveman Diet.” It is essentially a back-to-basics diet that emphasizes “real” and unprocessed food. The paleo diet also follows a specific food list - it cuts out refined sugars, unhealthy fats, grains, and dairy, and relies on whole foods like meat, vegetables, and fruit.
Additionally, the paleo diet is about more than just food choices – it also recommends particular habits for sleep and physical activity, to mimic the behaviors of our ancestors. The paleo diet recommends getting 8-9 hours of sleep per night in a fully-darkened room with the goal of waking when you feel rested, without relying on an alarm. While following the paleo diet, it is also recommended that you incorporate some form of physical activity into your day – whether it’s just a walk or a complete workout session – since prehistoric man was very active physically.
Pros of the Paleo Diet: If you have other food allergies or intolerances to gluten or dairy, for example, this diet will be easy for you to follow! You may find that you have more energy, a better mood, and even an easier time losing weight. There’s also no need to count carbs – you can eat as much as you want, as long as you stick to the guidelines.
Cons of the Paleo Diet: Since this diet relies heavily on meat proteins, it would be extremely difficult for vegetarians and nearly impossible for vegans since their go-to protein sources (grains and legumes, and dairy for vegetarians) aren’t allowed in the paleo diet.
What Can I Eat on the Paleo Diet?
Foods to Eat
- Lean meat – Grass-fed meats are the best option. However, as long as the meat isn’t highly processed (i.e. hot dogs) it is considered paleo.
- Fish,Seafood, and Eggs
- Vegetables – Enjoy starchier vegetables like sweet potatoes in moderation, especially if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Fruit – Since fruit still contains a lot of sugar, enjoy it in moderation.
- Nuts/Seeds – Just remember, no peanuts or soy nuts!
- Healthy Oils/Fats – Olive oil, coconut oil, macadamia oil, and avocado oil are the best options.
- Natural Sugars - Raw honey, maple syrup, molasses
- Grains – Avoid pasta, bread, cereal, crackers, oatmeal, corn, etc.
- Dairy – That means no milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. Grass-fed butter can sometimes be allowed on the paleo diet, but it’s inclusion in the paleo diet is highly contested.
- Legumes – That means no peanuts, beans, peas, lentils, or tofu. However, fresh green beans and green peas can be eaten on the paleo diet.
- White potatoes – Sweet potatoes, squash, and other similarly starchy vegetables are allowed, but should be eaten in moderation.
- Refined sugars – Avoid candy as well as artificial sweeteners.
- Soda – It’s also best to avoid fruit juices because they contain a lot of sugar.
What Ingredients Should I Leave Out of My Paleo Casseroles?
Now that you know what to eat and what to avoid on the paleo diet, we wanted to show you how to make casseroles fit with the diet. For the most part, this is as easy as replacing common casserole ingredients like white potatoes with paleo-friendly substitutes like cauliflower. In the list below, you’ll find common casserole ingredients and what you can use to replace them. Learn how to turn your favorite casseroles into the best paleo recipes has never been easier.
- Easy Zucchini and Squash Gratin
This layered zucchini dish tastes just as good as pasta (just leave off the Parmesan cheese).
This Recipe Replaces: Pasta – Since pasta is grain and is not allowed on the paleo diet, it will need to be replaced with a different ingredient. Some popular paleo substitutes for pasta include zucchini noodles (also known as “zoodles”), spaghetti squash, and cauliflower “rice.”
- Almost Paleo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Just add in homemade cream soup and you have a paleo meal!
This Recipe Replaces: Canned Soup – Canned soup is used as a creamy base in many casseroles. However, you can use a homemade and dairy-free recipe, like this one from Everyone Eats Right, instead. These recipes get their “creaminess” from pureed cauliflower or coconut milk.
- Cauliflower Paleo Shepherd's Pie
This recipe uses mashed cauliflower instead of white potatoes.
This Recipe Replaces: White Potatoes – While white potatoes are a somewhat contested within the paleo diet, they can easily be replaced. Since cauliflower is similar to white potatoes, in terms of flavor and consistency, they are a good swap. Sweet potatoes are another good option, although they have a more distinct flavor.
- Paleo Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
This recipe uses non-dairy cashew cheese.
This Recipe Replaces: Cheese – While cheese is included in so many casserole recipes and has no clear replacement, it still has paleo-friendly swaps. Nutritional yeast is a good ingredient to add cheesy flavor to your casseroles. Nut cheeses, or cheeses made from nut milks, are also a good option. These “cheeses” can be found in vegan stores, but you can also make them yourself.
For more specialty casserole recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 18 Gluten Free Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Red Lentil Dhal with Coconut Milk
- Easy Sausage Pasta Bake
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Four-Potato Salad Recipe
- Sausage Potato Skillet
- The 10 Best Family Food Blogs
- 5-Ingredient Taco Casserole
- Apple Fritter Casserole
- Warm Texas Trash Dip
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways