20+ of the Best Recipes for Potato Side Dishes
These easy casserole recipes are perfect for any meal!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
You really can't go wrong with a potato side dish recipe, as they are the perfect dish for almost any occasion. Friends are coming over for dinner? Include a bowl of mashed potatoes on the side! The big holiday meal is at your place this year? A tray of a potato side dish will win over the crowd! From potlucks to formal dinners and everything in between, the humble potato is an indispensable ingredient for any home cook. And with this collection of 20+ of the Best Recipes for Potato Side Dishes, you likely won't run out of recipes you'll want to try for almost any occasion!
The following recipes for potato side dishes are easy to make and taste so good, too. Whether you're in the mood for some quick-and-easy mashed potatoes or want to make twist-baked potatoes on a larger scale, these recipes will be just what you need. Roll up your sleeves — it's time to start cooking with these easy side dishes!
Table of Contents
Are you looking for even more potato recipes? Then you'll want to take a look at this free eBook: "14 Easy Recipes for Potato Casseroles" Free eCookbook
Easy Recipes for Mashed Potatoes
There is nothing that is quite as comforting as a bowl of mashed potatoes. The classic comfort food is beloved for a few reasons, as it is easy to make, is an inexpensive side dish, and is versatile. As you'll discover in the following recipes, mashed potatoes can be made the old-fashioned way, as well as with a number of ingredients. If you always thought mashed potatoes were forgettable, you'll think again when you see these recipes!
- Potatoes RomanoffAre you headed to a potluck soon? This easy take on mashed potatoes will be just what you need. Don't expect leftovers with this recipe!
- Chantilly PotatoesIf you're looking for a cheesy take on traditional mashed potatoes, then this classic recipe is one you'll need to try. You'll use just a handful of ingredients to make this side dish.
- Cheesy Bacon Mashed Potato CasseroleAdd some bacon to your next holiday meal when you make this delightful recipe for mashed potatoes! This recipe is filled with a medley of flavors.
- With its use of corned beef and cabbage, this take on mashed potatoes is perfect for the day after St. Patrick's Day. You'll want to make this recipe every day of the year.
- Broccoli Mashed Potato CasseroleBroccoli, cheese, and other ingredients combine to make this gourmand take on mashed potatoes. Everyone will want to try this recipe!
Twice-Baked Potato Side Dishes
If you love the twice-baked potato taste but don't exactly have time to make individual servings, then these casserole recipes are for you! Whether you want a side dish with bacon, plenty of cheese, or even some heat, these easy twice-baked potato recipes will have you looking for additional servings. These recipes are too good to miss!
- Cheesy Loaded Twice Baked Potato CasseroleTake the typical recipe for mashed potatoes, turn it up a notch or two, and you'll have the idea behind this twice-baked potato recipe. This easy side dish is one you can bring to just about any event on your calendar.
- Twice Baked Jalapeno Potato CasseroleBring the heat in a big way with this take on twice-baked potatoes. This quick and easy recipe uses just seven ingredients!
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole with Bacon and GarlicIf you love bacon and garlic, then this recipe needs to be on your radar! This easy side dish recipe is one you'll want to make for a holiday meal or potluck with family and friends.
- Twice Baked Potato CasseroleCheesy, ooey, and gooey, this recipe for twice-baked potato casserole is one to try. Rich as can be, this dish is the perfect complement to your favorite roast or other main course.
Easy Sweet Potato Side Dishes
What's a list of recipes for potato side dishes without a few ideas for sweet potatoes? Whether you've long been a fan of sweet potatoes or have only recently started cooking and baking with them, these recipes are sure to hit the spot. These casseroles have plenty of flavor in every bite and will be a sweet addition to any meal. Just keep in mind that sweet potatoes are typically in season from late fall through early winter.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato CasseroleThis sinfully rich sweet potato casserole is every cook's dream. It's prepared right in the slow cooker and will free up space on your stovetop and in your oven.
- Copycat Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato CasseroleBring a little bit of the famed steakhouse to your home when you make this recipe! This casserole won't take long to make and is perfect for a last-minute addition to your meal plans.
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Cornflake Pecan CrustWith its blend of crunchy texture and sweet taste, this dish is one that everyone will want to try! Plan to add this one to your next big meal at home.
- Spicy Slow Cooker Sweet PotatoesYou'll use your slow cooker as well as a blend of herbs and spices to make this casserole. You'll get a new perspective on sweet potatoes when you make this recipe.
Easy Potato Recipes for Brunch
Rise and shine with these delightful potato casseroles that are perfect for brunch! You can make a side dish that everyone will love, or use potatoes as part of the main course. However you plan to serve these recipes, there's no denying everyone will want a serving or two. Round out your next brunch with family and friends when you include these recipes on the menu.
- Grandma's Creamy Potato Bake with HamYou'll want to include this no-fuss recipe the next time you're hosting everyone for brunch. This side dish can also be served with lunch or dinner.
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato CasseroleThere's more than just potatoes in this casserole! This hearty recipe has eggs, cheese, garlic, and so many more ingredients.
- Farmer's Make-Ahead Breakfast CasseroleYou don't need to spend time away from your guests when you have this recipe up your sleeves! This make-ahead casserole recipe can be whipped up the night before your brunch; just pop it in the oven before you're ready to sit down and eat.
- Aunt Nellie's Hash Brown CasseroleWhen it comes to breakfast dishes, there's nothing like the classic hashbrowns! This delicious recipe is a must-have item for your next get-together with family and friends.
More Potato Side Dishes
If you can't get enough of easy potato side dish recipes, then you'll want to keep reading! From the ever-popular funeral potatoes to au gratin dishes and everything in between, these recipes are sure to satisfy. If you want to take your next dinner at home to the next level, then ditch the usual baked potatoes and take a look at these recipes. You won't regret it!
- Party Potatoes DeluxeMake a tray of this potato side dish for your next game day party. You won't be disappointed!
- Ham and Potato Au GratinGive last night's leftovers a totally new look when you make this au gratin. This recipe is easy to make and will quickly become part of your go-to meal plans.
- Tater Tot and Bratwurst CasseroleAdd some comfort food to your meals this week when you make this easy casserole recipe! This dish is hearty and can easily be served as the main course for your meal.
- Funeral PotatoesThis comforting side dish is one you can make at any time. You can use your favorite cast iron skillet to get this recipe just right!
Ever wanted to learn more about potatoes, but weren't sure where to start? Let this guide help you out! The Casserole Guide to Potato Varieties
What is your favorite recipe for a potato side dish?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Sinfully Sinful Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Mason Jar Self-Buttering Biscuits
- Amish Three Bean Casserole
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
- Scalloped Cabbage Casserole
- Company Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Bacon Mashed Potato Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Cornbread Casserole
- Cabbage Noodle Crunch
- Amish Cabbage Noodle Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Spaghetti Casserole
- Guinness Shepherds Pie
- Vegan Mushrooms And Polenta
- One Pot Chicken, Chorizo And Nduja Bake
- 5-ingredient Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Chicken And Broccoli Casserole With Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways