This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Creamy Chicken And Mushroom With Polenta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"This superb creamy chicken and mushroom dish is rich but it is by far my family’s absolute favourite! I am sure you will love it too, so give it a go. I really like to have this with the polenta, I am not quite sure why but it could be because they really do compliment each other or it is because this is how I have always had it. Rich, filling and trully yummy! Very easy to make too. "
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time25 min
- The dish:▢400 g chicken breast
- 250 g mushrooms closed cup or chestnut
- 1 large onion optional
- 250 ml creme fraiche full fat
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 pinch freshy ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- The polenta:150 g polenta flour
- 500 ml water
- 1 pinch thyme or rosemary
- 1/2 clove garlic optional
Chop the onion and place it in a cooking pan that is on medium heat. Sprinkle salt and add the chicken along with few drops of water and cover. Cook for about 10 min, occasionally stirring gently. Do not allow it to burn as this will not look good- it is meant to be a white sauce, burning it will change the colour. Add a bit of water from time to time if needed or even a splash of white wine for that extra flavour!
While the chicken cooks, place a pot with the water for the polenta on medium/high heat, add the salt and allow to boil.
Slice the mushrooms and add to the chicken and onion. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Stir in the crème fraîche and the double cream and let cook (uncovered) for a further 7-10 min over medium/low heat.
When the water for the polenta is boiling, add the chopped thyme or rosemary and then the polenta flour while stirring gently until it all homogenises. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes and then allow to cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat this 3 times and then take it out onto a plate.
Serve a spoonful or two of polenta along with 3-4 spoonfuls of creamy sauce.
Read NextAunt Bee's Leftover Turkey Casserole
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Chicken and pasta recipes with broccoli and very common in the casserole world. If you love this dish but want to make it healthier,… Continue reading: "Light Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole"
- Aunt Bee's Leftover Turkey Casserole
- Farmhouse Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Stupidly Easy Chili Dog Casserole
- Best-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe
- Country Chicken And Biscuits
- Baked Polenta Pie
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- 12 Easy Tater Tot Casseroles
- 17 Guilt-Free Casserole Recipes
- Velveeta Hash Brown Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Seafood Lasagna
- Chicken Divan
- Delicious Homemade Chocolate
- Creamy Chicken And Mushroom With Polenta
- Mint Magic Cookie Bars
- Air Fryer Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole
- The Ultimate Tender Slow Cooker Steak Pie
- Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways