Tasty Food Photography eBook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Tasty Food Photography eBook
Written by: Lindsay Ostrom of the blog, Pinch of Yum
Reviewed by Emily Racette
Tasty Food Photography is a food blogger's dream. The eBook is filled with over 50 pages of helpful and informative photography tips and tricks that will drastically improve your food images. This eBook, written by food blogger Lindsay Ostrom of Pinch of Yum, is broken down into six chapters in the categories of technique, lighting, composition, props, editing, and work flow. I made a cake in order to try out some of Lindsay's food photography tips. Here are the results.
DSLR vs Point and Shoot
One of the first decisions you need to make when it comes to food photography is what kind of camera will you use: point and shoot or DSLR? Though a DSLR is more professional and takes better pictures, Lindsay provides great tips for both. The photo on the left was taken with a DSLR camera and the photo on the right was taken with a point and shoot.
Lindsay suggests shooting with natural light, as it will give you the best photo. The eBook is filled with tons of ways to shoot with natural light. You'll learn which place is the best place in your house to take your photos and how to set things up so the lighting is just right. Here are two shots of the Peach Cobbler Dump Cake that I made. The one on the left was taken near a window and uses natural light. The one of the right was taken with artificial light.
Shooting at different angles results in highly different outcomes. This eBook gives advice on how to get the best photographs from every angle. Whether you get a straight on shot, bird's eye view, or something in between, you'll learn how to use angles to your advantage. In the examples below, I shot at a 45 degrees angle and from a bird's eye view to get two different views of the same piece of cake.
Props can greatly enhance photos. They help tell a story. Where is this picture taking place? What's going on? This eBook will teach you what kind of props you'll need to take awesome photos. Learn how to keep thing simple yet focused. In the picture below, a hand woven bowl in the background adds dimension and a pop of color.
We will be giving away the Tasty Food Photography eBook on September 25th, 2013 to the winner of our Twitter Contest. Follow @AllCasseroles on Twitter and then chat with us from 12-1pm EST using the hashtag #CasseroleFun. Hope to see you there!
Read NextDesserts in Jars Cookbook Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Here's a chicken noodle casserole with bold flavor. Southwest Chicken Noodle Casserole incorporates corn, black beans, and appropriate… Continue reading: "Southwest Chicken Noodle Casserole"
- Desserts in Jars Cookbook Review
- Tasty Food Photography eBook Review
- Not Your Mother's Casseroles Cookbook Review
- Bake Until Bubbly Cookbook Reviews
- Not Your Mother's Microwave Cookbook Review
- Cake Balls Cookbook Review
- 125 Best Casseroles and One-Pot Meals Cookbook Review
- Enter to Win the Dump Dinners Cookbook Set!
- Italy's Great Chefs and Their Secrets Cookbook Review
- Enter to win the Dessert Mash-Ups Cookbook!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cheesy Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe
- Cheesy Hot Baked Spinach Dip Recipe
- Seafood Lasagna
- Chicken Divan
- Delicious Homemade Chocolate
- Creamy Chicken And Mushroom With Polenta
- Mint Magic Cookie Bars
- Air Fryer Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole
- The Ultimate Tender Slow Cooker Steak Pie
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways