Not Your Mother's Microwave Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"I was so excited when I saw a microwave cookbook fall into my lap. What could possibly be simpler or quicker than using a microwave! As I browsed through the book, I was incredibly impressed with the cooking times—The Pesto Shrimp Pasta (on pg. 210) is ready in only six minutes! What’s even better is how the introduction provides some wonderful tips on how to get your money’s worth out of your microwave, including cooking techniques, features of newer machines, and much more! This cookbook is perfect for someone who’s on a budget, but doesn’t want to sacrifice quality home cooking. It would definitely make a great gift for your favorite college student who’s stuck choosing between questionable dorm food and Ramen noodles. There’s even a fun bonus section in the back that lists common kitchen conversions which would be useful for any recipe you have lying around the house. This is definitely one cookbook you’re going to want to keep handy!"
"Beth Henspereger's, Not Your Mother's® Microwave Cookbook is a wonderful look on how to create a delicious meal, especially when you are pressed for time, with what has become an essential kitchen appliance in every household, the microwave. The book offers more than 125 recipes with the goal of making you an easy, and most importantly, healthy dinner. My one concern, which was immediately answered, was if it was unhealthy to cook food, especially meats in the microwave? Beth Henspereger gives a detailed, yet simple, science lesson on the history of microwaves, the technology, microwave safety, cooking techniques and foods to avoid. Interesting and thorough, it instantly put my fears of cooking with a microwave aside. And good riddance, because some of these recipes are too good to pass up! From delicious appetizers to wholesome main dishes, the book is well equipped for every kind of dinner. Beth Hensperger's recipe for Mixed Bean and Cheese Burritos is one of my favorites and is simply a must for any burrito connoisseur. From great recipes to small kitchen tips, you'll be amazed of all the things you can do with your household microwave."
"After having read Not Your Mother’s® Microwave Cookbook by Beth Hensperger, all I can say is that I really wish I had this cookbook on hand when I was in college! The microwave oven is a much maligned kitchen appliance that is finally getting in just due. If you think microwave ovens are just for reheating leftovers, then you need to read this book. What I loved the most about this cookbook is just how varied all the recipes, as it shows you how to make a complete and balanced meal where everything is cooked in the microwave. If you often find yourself short on time at the end of the day but are still craving a quality meal, then Not Your Mother’s® Microwave Cookbook by Beth Hensperger is for you. "
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
This Ham and Cheese Potato Casserole is a super versatile dish because it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It contains… Continue reading: "Ham and Cheese Potato Casserole"
- Dutch Oven and Cast Iron Cooking Cookbook Review
- Bake Until Bubbly Cookbook Reviews
- Enter to win the Dessert Mash-Ups Cookbook!
- From the Ground Up Cookbook Review
- The Birthday Cake Book Cookbook Review
- Not Your Mother's Casseroles Cookbook Review
- Not Your Mother's Microwave Cookbook Review
- Desserts in Jars Cookbook Review
- Cake Balls Cookbook Review
- Tasty Food Photography eBook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Vegetable Lasagna
- Cheeseburger Pie
- Tomato And Polenta Dumplings Soup
- Baked Ravioli
- Taco Stuffed Shells
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Homemade Rhubarb And Ginger Crumble
- Easy Leftover Chicken Enchiladas
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways