11 Red Velvet Recipes for Valentine's Day
Plus, find bonus Valentine's Day desserts in our recipe collection!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Nothing says "Valentine's Day dessert"more than a red velvet cake. It's red, it's festive, and it practically says, "I love you." This year, choose one of these amazing 11 Red Velvet Recipes for Valentine's Day to make for your special someone. You'll find twists on the classic red velvet cake and red velvet brownies.
After a romantic dinner, what do you usually have a taste for? If you're thinking cake, then our red velvet cake recipes are for you. We have a few poke cakes that are just as much fun to make as they are to eat. If you want something cute and intimate, then make a red velvet cake in a jar. It serves one, so you can either share or make one for each of you. Third, we have an exceptional red velvet gooey butter cake, where the frosting is, in fact, the icing on the cake.
If cake isn't your thing, then take a look at our red velvet brownies. These are no ordinary brownies. Peppermint, cream cheese, white chocolate frosting...each recipe has a delicious feature that makes it stand out from the others. Pick your favorite (or your other half's favorite) and get baking. Whatever sweet thing your 'sweet thing' has a taste for, you can find it here.
We've also included a few bonus desserts for Valentine's Day! Whether you plan on making several desserts to share, or your significant other doesn't enjoy red velvet as much as you do, you'll find plenty of options below.
Table of Contents
Red Velvet Cake Recipes
It's tough to say no to cake, and on Valentine's Day you have the perfect reason to indulge. These red velvet desserts are made using cake mix, so they are a breeze to whip up!
- Elegant Red Velvet Poke Cake
Put a smile on your date's face by offering a slice of Elegant Red Velvet Poke Cake. A cheesecake-flavored pudding fills the insides of the cake, which is topped with more pudding, whipped cream, and Oreo cookies.
- Red Velvet Cake in a Jar
You only need three ingredients and five minutes to whip up a Red Velvet Cake in a Jar. It makes one serving, so either make two jars or grab two spoons and share one with your special someone.
- Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake
Cream cheese and butter play a big part in making this incredible frosting. It will be hard to say which part you like better: the red velvet cake or the butter frosting.
- Red Velvet Poke Cake
This may become one of your favorite red velvet recipes. The cake is filled with sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon creamer and is topped with more creamer, cool whip, frosting, and chocolate shavings. Need we say more?
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake
Can't decide between having cake or cheesecake? Then make both! Inspired by a recipe from The Cheesecake Factory, this red velvet treat is the best of both worlds.
- Red Velvet Brownie Poke Cake
This recipe combines the goodness of red velvet with the decadence of a brownie - it's really the best of both worlds! The frosting is a combination of whipped topping and cream cheese, which gives this cake the perfect amount of creaminess. You won't want to miss this dessert!
Need more Valentine's Day recipes? We've got you covered with this collection of recipes for two! Just the Two of Us: 28 Casserole Recipes for Two
Red Velvet Brownies and Dessert Bars
Valentine's Day just isn't the same without a festive red dessert, is it? These brownie recipes are all made from scratch and your significant other will definitely appreciate the extra effort. Red Velvet Rice Krispy Treats is a quick and easy dessert recipe that gets its color from red velvet cake mix.
- Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Frosting
True red velvet has just a hint of cocoa to it. That's what makes these brownies one of the best red velvet recipes you'll ever find. What's more, a white chocolate buttercream frosting covers the top of the whole batch.
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
Your better half may find you more irresistible after serving these irresistible brownies. The whole batch will be gone in no time.
- Red Velvet Peppermint Brownies
Peppermint is a great little something to add to a winter treat. Add to that a buttercream frosting, and this dessert may be your favorite part of the whole evening.
- Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Brownies
Red velvet brownies make up the bottom half of this dessert while a cheesecake mixture makes up the top half. You'll certainly have a hard time saying "no" to a second (or third) piece.
- Red Velvet Rice Krispy Treats
If you want to make a delicious dessert for your sweetie but don't feel like baking, then these rice krispy treats are a great option. A red velvet cake mix turns them red and white chocolate drizzled on top makes them even more festive.
For more desserts that your sweetheart will love, check out our free downloadable eCookbook, 14 Sweet & Easy Casserole Recipes: Poke Cake Recipes, Cobbler Recipes, and More Desserts
Bonus Desserts for Valentine's Day
There can never be too many desserts on Valentine's Day, so take your pick from these bonus recipes and make the day extra special. Whether you're looking for desserts with hearts, pink frosting, or chocolate covered strawberries you will find all that and much more below!
Which dessert will you make this Valentine's Day? Let us know in the comments below!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole
- Candy Corn Poke Cake
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
- Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
- Grandma's 3 Ingredient Cauliflower Bake
- Make and Take Friendship Casserole
- Top 50 Casserole Recipes of 2019
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Cornflake Pecan Crust
- Funeral Potatoes
- Baked Eyeball Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Farmhouse Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- French Onion Chicken Skillet Dinner
- Unstuffed Peppers With Rice Skillet Dinner
- Fettuccine Bolognese Skillet Dinner
- Spaghetti With Meat Sauce Skillet Dinner
- Taco Beef And Rice Skillet Dinner
- Chicken Parmesan And Pasta Skillet Dinner
- Spaghetti And Meatballs Skillet Dinner
- Chili Mac And Cheese Skillet Dinner
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways