17 Casserole Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Get dinner on the table in a hurry with these rotisserie chicken recipes.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
When you walk past the deli area of the grocery store, it’s tough to ignore the heavenly scent of rotisserie chickens in the warming case. On their own, they make for a great low-maintenance dinner option, but they can also be used in casserole recipes.
We’ve collected some of our favorite casseroles that use the handy pre-cooked chickens from your grocer’s deli. No matter the type of casserole you want to make, you’ll be able to get dinner on the table in a hurry with the help of a rotisserie chicken.
Normally, the most time-consuming step in making a chicken casserole is cooking the chicken, so these recipes save a ton of prep time.
Table of Contents
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes with Pasta
- Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Casserole
This creamy chicken casserole is a great way to feed a larger group, since it can easily feed eight. And it has a delicious Parmesan breadcrumb topping!
- Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
A homemade cream sauce makes this chicken pasta recipe even more delicious. While the original recipe calls for four chicken breasts, this can be substituted with the meat from one whole rotisserie chicken.
- Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole
You don't even have to boil the pasta beforehand to make this casserole! The pasta cooks in Alfredo sauce and chicken broth, which creates a wonderfully easy (and low-maintenance) dinner – with only one pan to wash.
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
If you like buffalo wings, then you will love this casserole version. After pre-cooking the pasta, add in chicken and three simple ingredients. This is sure to become a new favorite!
Pot Pie Recipes with Rotisserie Chicken
- Scratch-Made Chicken Pot Pie for Two
This casserole for two is topped with homemade puff pastry! Rotisserie chicken will add rich flavor to the pot pie filling while also saving time.
- Hot Chicken Salad Pie
This recipe combines two classics – chicken salad and chicken pot pie in a creative way. Three cups of rotisserie chicken makes this an easy dinner option.
Casserole Recipes with Crescent Rolls
Chicken Bake with Crescent Rolls In this special recipe, a creamy chicken filling is rolled up inside crescent roll dough. Then, the rolls are surrounded by a sauce made from canned cream soup. You'll want to remember this recipe!
- Cheesy Chicken Crescent Bake
Rotisserie chicken, cheese, and broccoli is rolled inside crescent rolls before they are topped with a creamy sauce. The next time you have a tube of crescent rolls, remember this recipe.
- Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie
This chicken pot pie uses crescent roll dough instead of a traditional pie crust. French fried onions also add a delicious twist on the classic comfort food recipe.
Crescent rolls pair wonderfully with chicken. For even more casseroles that use crescent rolls, check out these Crescent Roll Recipes: 23 Crescent Roll Casseroles
Tex-Mex Recipes with Chicken
Chicken Enchilada Cornbread Bake For a convenient, one-pan meal look no further than this cast iron skillet recipe. Chicken, black beans, and cheese are layered between two layers of cornbread batter in this tasty recipe.
- Scratch-Made Chicken Enchiladas
These chicken enchiladas feature homemade enchilada sauce, so using rotisserie chicken will save a ton of prep time. The next time you crave Mexican food, try this casserole.
- Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
Diced tomatoes and chilies, jalapeno peppers, and crushed tortilla chips add the Tex-Mex flair to this recipe. This recipe only uses the equivalent of one chicken breast, so you'll only need about one cup of rotisserie chicken.
More Recipes with Rotisserie Chicken
- Mom's Southern BBQ Chicken Casserole
Cheesy grits, chicken, and barbecue sauce create this wonderfully unique casserole. This is also a budget-friendly recipe since it will feed about six people with just over a cup of chicken.
- 5-Ingredient Ritz Chicken Casserole
This simple chicken casserole is so easy to put together since you only need 5 ingredients. Crushed Ritz crackers top this casserole for a perfectly crispy topping.
- Alice's Casserole
Broccoli, onions, rotisserie chicken, Greek yougurt, and cheese make up this tasty chicken casserole. This is a healthy casserole you can feel good about feeding to your family.
5 Tips for Carving a Rotisserie Chicken
- Use a cutting board. This is a safe cooking practice when you’re cutting anything, but it especially applies here. Make sure the cutting board is large enough for the chicken! Using a board that’s too small can also make you slip while cutting, which can lead to injury.
- Make sure your knife is sharp. Contrary to what you might think, sharp knives are actually safer than dull ones. The sharper the knife, the less likely you are to slip while cutting. Kitchen scissors can also be used.
- Use a meat fork – a regular fork will work too. You’ll need this to keep the chicken in place while you’re cutting. This will also keep your hands cleaner, since you won’t have to handle the bird as much.
- Start with the breast side up. The chicken should be carved the same way it’s been cooked – breast side up.
- Legs, Wings, Breast. Keep this order in mind as you’re carving the chicken. You will essentially be working from the outside in.
For our complete collection of chicken casseroles, check out 151+ Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes: The Best Casserole Recipes with Chicken
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Impress all of your family and friends by making this gorgeous Gooey Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole for a holiday breakfast or… Continue reading: "Gooey Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole"
- Chicken 'N Biscuits Pot Pie Casserole
- Mom's Southern BBQ Chicken Casserole
- 30-Minute Chicken Ranch Skillet Spaghetti
- Rachael Ray-Inspired Chicken Piccata Casserole
- Chicken Bake with Crescent Rolls
- Chicken Alfredo Crescent Casserole
- Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls
- Cheesy Chicken Crescent Roll Bake
- Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Bake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Darn Good Yarn
- Mango Wood Cutting Board
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Perfect Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Just Like Trisha Yearwood's Charleston Cheese Dip
- Turkey Pasta Bake
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways