- see all comments
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
"Very tasty dish! I used nacho cheese sauce with about 1/2 cup milk instead of cheese soup"
Mahatma White & Brown Rice Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Mahatma White & Brown Rice Review
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
Mahatma Rice is well-known for making some of the best rice you can find in stores. Their White Rice and Whole Grain Brown Rice are the perfect addition to any meal. I loved using their rice in stir-fry recipes, side dishes, and casseroles.
All of the rice grown by Mahatma is grown in the United States and is sodium free, cholesterol free, and fat free. Their rice is a safe choice for anyone with food allergens or a kosher diet. Both the white and brown rice can be cooked on the stovetop, in the microwave, or in a rice cooker. I prefer using a rice cooker and found both types of rice come out wonderfully when using one.
I can honestly say the white rice was one of the best I have ever tried. I added a small pat of butter and a little salt. The resulting rice was incredibly fluffy and flavorful. The extra long grain worked well with all kinds of cuisines including Asian recipes, Tex-Mex recipes, and South American recipes. I also enjoyed using leftover rice to make fried rice the following day.
The brown rice differs from the white rice in that the layers of bran are left intact. Not only is this a healthier choice, but it is also so tasty. The extra layers of bran give the rice a chewier texture with a nutty flavor. I like enjoying this brown rice with sauteed vegetables or a fried egg. The full-bodied rice will be the highlight of any dish.
I recommend keeping both types of these Mahatma Rice in your pantry at all times. They will help inspire great entrees, side dishes, and soups!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Great Grandma's Classic Cobbler
Great Grandma's Classic Cobbler is the perfect dessert comfort food. A recipe for cobbler like this one works best with frozen fruit… Continue reading: "Great Grandma's Classic Cobbler"
- Chance to Win a Set of EcoLifeMate Reusable Food Storage Bags!
- Enter to win the Spode Christmas Tree Mug Set!
- Win a La Cuisine Cast Iron Enameled Dutch Oven!
- Enter to Win a The Pioneer Woman Christmas Gift Set!
- Chance to Win a Black Cube Nonstick Stainless Steel Casserole Pot!
- Simply Potatoes Review
- Duff Goldman by Gartner Studios Bake Pan Starter Kit Review
- Win a Square Cast Iron Dutch Oven!
- Chance to Win a Farberware Cookstart 5.5 Qt. Dutch Oven with Steamer!
- Chance to Win a Mango Wood Cutting Board!
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Ham Tetrazzini
- Big Mac Casserole
- Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Pretzel Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cornbread Corn Pudding
- Rhubarb Coffee Cake
- Peach Cobbler Cake
- Mac And Cheese With Broccoli
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Spaghetti Casserole
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways