14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Dutch Oven and Cast Iron Cooking Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
"Dutch Oven and Cast Iron Cooking" Cookbook
Gifted By: Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Emily Ramirez, Editor of AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
The "Dutch Oven and Cast Iron Cooking" cookbook from Fox Chapel Publishing is a great introduction to cast iron cooking, as well as a solid reminder of why fans love the unique cooking method.
The background about cast iron is helpful for those new to cast iron, especially in a world where cast iron is becoming increasingly popular. In addition to tons of delicious recipes, the cookbook includes detailed care instructions with step-by-step photos. Cooking tips are also scattered throughout the book for even more expert guidance.
What I love about this cookbook is the design. Next to each recipe is a large graphic that instantly tells you what method is used in cooking a particular recipe and what size of cookware you need. Plenty of recipes offer additional cooking options. For example, if the recipe is orginally intended for a cast iron skillet, there are alternate instructions for how to make the recipe over a fire as well. This is a useful and rare feature that works wonders in this cookbook.
The sheer variety of recipes within the pages of this book proves that you can make just about anything in cast iron. There are so many unique recipes that you never thought to make in cast iron, like pigs in a blanket and pineapple upside down cake. You'll see plenty of your favorite foods, too, such as chicken, potatoes, breads, and comfort foods. As a whole, there is so much versatility in these recipes and the cooking methods represented.
Casserole cookers will love this cookbook because even the most difficult casseroles become easier in cast iron or Dutch ovens. With a large amount of casseroles present, you'll have a hard time choosing which one you want to make first! This cookbook by Peg Couch is a must-have for any home cook who wants to expand their horizons.
This giveaway has ended.
Read NextTasty Food Photography eBook Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe
This Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe is the most delicious way to enjoy summer squash or yellow zucchini. This easy zucchini… Continue reading: "Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe"
- Tasty Food Photography eBook Review
- Not Your Mother's Microwave Cookbook Review
- Cake Balls Cookbook Review
- Enter to Win the Dump Dinners Cookbook Set!
- Not Your Mother's Casseroles Cookbook Review
- Bake Until Bubbly Cookbook Reviews
- Enter to win the Martha Stewart One Pot Cookbook!
- From the Ground Up Cookbook Review
- The Birthday Cake Book Cookbook Review
- Desserts in Jars Cookbook Review
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- Guiness Beef Pie
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways