Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Southern Lady's Mac and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Southern Lady's Mac and Cheese is full of Southern comfort. This easy recipe would be a great side dish to bring to a potluck or as a hearty casserole for a family dinner. It's made with elbow macaroni noodles, a simple homemade cheese sauce, and refrigerated biscuits that bubble up when baked. You'll love the down-home flavors like sharp Cheddar cheese and buttery biscuits. While this makes an excellent side dish for any occasion, it's substantial enough to stand on its own. To serve as a main dish, pair with a fresh salad or green vegetable.
- 1 (16-ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 can flaky layers refrigerated biscuits
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cans condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Broaden your mac and cheese horizons with our collection of 19 Unique Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
While the macaroni is cooking, open the can of refrigerated biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, ground mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
In the same saucepan used to cook macaroni, melt butter and shredded cheese. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cheese for later.
Pour macaroni back into saucepan and mix until cheese is thoroughly combined. Add sauce mixture to the saucepan and mix until incorporated.
Carefully fold in biscuit pieces. Pour contents of saucepan into casserole dish. Cover with foil.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, for an additonal 20 to 30 minutes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Sep 03, 2014
This is, hands down, one of the best mac and cheese recipes I've ever tried. I loved the biscuits that were tucked into the creamy goodness. The biscuits added a really great buttery flavor that I couldn't get enough of. This is definitely my new go-to comfort food.
Aug 29, 2014
You'd think with the biscuits that the dish would be on the dry side, but it was still a good consistency. I would recommend a little black pepper or crushed red pepper, but i put pepper on everything. ;)
Aug 29, 2014
The biscuits in this dish were the best surprise! They added a great, unexpected sweet touch to the creamy mac and cheese. Yum!
Aug 29, 2014
This mac and cheese smelled AMAZING when it came out of the oven! I can't believe there are biscuits in it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
If you like Buffalo chicken wings, then you will love this 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake. This easy chicken casserole recipe… Continue reading: "5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake"
- Just Like Rachael Ray's Reuben Pull-Apart Bread
- Longhorn Steakhouse Copycat Mac and Cheese
- Just Like Trisha Yearwood's Charleston Cheese Dip
- Old-Fashioned Southern Chicken Cobbler
- Copycat Rachael Ray Chili Dog Dip Recipe
- "Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home" Free eCookbook
- Dump and Go Cracker Barrel Casserole
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Cheesy Hot Baked Spinach Dip Recipe
- White Castle Casserole
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken And Couscous
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways