12 Top Rated Chicken Casserole Recipes
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Chicken Rotini Bubble Up
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Enjoy all of the hearty flavors you love in this Chicken Rotini Bubble Up. This bubble-up casserole is filled with juicy chicken, savory vegetables, al dente pasta, and fluffy biscuits that bubble up when baked. With a simple sauce, this meal is complete. This recipe starts with a rotisserie chicken that you can buy from the grocery store instead of preparing it yourself. This saves you a lot of time and gets dinner on the table much faster. If you're looking for homemade taste without all of the hassle, look no further than this chicken casserole.
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 inch baking dish
- 4 to 5 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and cut into bite sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 pound rotini, cooked al dente
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place carrots in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow them to cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
Cook pasta and drain, set aside. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions, and a teaspoon of salt, cook until softened and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about one minute. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of the chicken broth and cook until thickened. Slowly whisk in the remaining broth, half and half and thyme.
Add the chicken, carrots and prepared pasta, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. While chicken mixture is simmering, open the can of biscuits and cut each one into four pieces.
Pour chicken mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place biscuits pieces all over the top of the dish. Use a spoon to carefully tuck in any pasta noodles that are sticking out. Tucking the pasta into the sauce will keep them from hardening while in the oven.
Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 28 minutes, or until edges are bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Nov 01, 2018
This casserole looks really impressive. I was wondering instead of using a can of biscuits could you make your own and if so any recipe suggestions for it? I can imagine me and my partner getting stuck in to this after we both have had a though day at work mid week.
kmcartoonity 62072 74
Oct 23, 2018
I love that this easy casserole has both pasta and a biscuit topping, as opposed to one or the other. I'm one of those gals that has to have a bunch of garlic bread alongside my spaghetti! Rotini is a great pasta choice, since it seems to hold up much better in a casserole than a smaller pasta shape like shells or macaroni.
Jan 22, 2018
Made this for the first time! Partner and I loved it. The thing I was concerned about was the al dente pasta simmering again for 15 more minutes! Not for me. I added the pasta the last few minutes and that worked much better. I was afraid of pasta mush. I also added a can of mushrooms because I did not have fresh ones. Then I added some pepper to give it a base.
Aug 05, 2016
Skip the "canned" biscuits. Whip up a batch of Bisquick dumplings instead.
Aug 11, 2014
I read this over 3 times and I believe you missed including the biscuits in the list of ingredients. Other than that, it sounds really tasty, and I'm looking forward to trying it.
Editor of AllFreeC asseroleRecipes
Aug 13, 2014
Hello and thank you so much for pointing that out. We have corrected the list of ingredients to reflect the can of biscuits needed. Happy cooking - let us know how it goes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Best-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe
Best-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe is a classic British recipe that is much more delicious than the name might suggest. The bottom… Continue reading: "Best-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe"
- White Chicken Enchilada Casserole Bake
- BBQ Chicken Tater Tot Skillet Casserole
- French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Down-Home Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Chicken Crescent Bake
- Chicken Gloria Casserole
- Charming French Chicken Casserole
- Easy Chicken Casserole
- Grandma Betty's Crunchy Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Spinach and Chicken Casserole
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- Guiness Beef Pie
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways