This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
11 Easy Pot Pie Recipes: Chicken Pot Pie Recipes and Other Comfort Foods
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Sushi Bake Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
"This easy sushi bake with salmon is kind of a deconstructed sushi roll turned casserole. It can be served warm or cold, is comforting, healthy, and truly easy to make! It is healthy as it hardly contains any mayo, it is cream cheese free, has very little added salt, has no oils added, and has no processed ingredients. Moreover, it is gluten-free and can be egg-free (just leave out the mayo). There are many different ways you can make this superb sushi dish, but my version features baked salmon so it is a salmon sushi bake!"
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- For the Salmon:600 g salmon (21 oz) fillet or trimmings (weight before cooking)
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- For the rest of the Sushi Bake:500 g sushi rice (17.6 oz) rinsed well
- 2 large avocado
- 8 medium scallions spring onion/green onion
- 2-3 tablespoons rice seasoning
- 3 sheets sushi nori
- 3-4 large pimiento mini peppers any red pepper will work
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds I used black and white
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise optional
- Additional/optional Ingredients: 2 tablespoon low salt soy sauce organic
- ½ cup pickled ginger I used homemade
- ½ teaspoon wasabi paste
For the salmon: Preheat the oven to 200℃ or 400℉.
Place the salmon into a tray, season it with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder. Rub the seasoning to uniformly spread it.
Place in the preheated oven and bake at 200℃ or 400℃ for 10-15 min on the upper tray. When it is nice and slightly brown on the outside, take it out of the oven and set it aside.
With a fork, shred or flake the salmon and place it into a separate bowl/plate or keep it in the same tray and just remove the skin.
Cooking the sushi rice: Rinse the rice thoroughly and allow it to rest in a thieve for 15-20 min.
Add the rice to a pan (big enough to allow the rice to boil)* and add 550 ml water. Place on medium fire.
Cover the pan with a lid (ideally a transparent lid) and when the rice reaches boiling point turn the heat right down. Allow it to cook for 9 minutes from the boiling point.
Turn the heat off, and add the seasoned vinegar (try adding it evenly so all rice gets a splash of vinegar). Allow it to rest for 1 min.
With the help of a fork scrape the rice out in a wider pot or plate. Add the rice seasoning and mix until the seasoning gets well and homogenously mixed into the rice.
Make the sushi bake: Start layering the rice in the designated dish. Add one layer of rice topped with salmon, a good sprinkle of sushi nori made into small bits, and a generous one of scallions, peppers, sesame seeds, and avocado.
Add another layer of rice and top with more sesame seeds, scallions, and sliced avocado. Get creative with the toppings.
You may place it back in the oven for 5 minutes or not at all. I normally do not place it back in the oven as I do not see the point. Everything is perfectly good, and ready to be served.
Read NextBest-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
If you like Buffalo chicken wings, then you will love this 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake. This easy chicken casserole recipe… Continue reading: "5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake"
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken And Couscous
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways