This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Baked Beans With Ground Beef
"Upgrade your baked beans from a classic side dish to a meaty, protein-packed main by adding lean ground beef. You will have a hearty casserole or even a soup, which is an easy and fast midweek dinner option. Baked beans with ground beef is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines the sweet taste of baked beans with the savory richness of ground beef. The combination of tender beans and seasoned ground beef creates a harmonious blend of textures and flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. It can be served as a main course or a delicious side dish, and it is definitely a crowd-pleaser that never fails to impress. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Pressure Cooker
- 800 g baked beans (28.22 oz) or 2 baked bean cans
- 800 g ground beef (28.22 oz) 5% fat or 95% lean
- 400 g cherry tomatoes (14.11 oz) in tomato sauce
- 3 large carrots or 5 small ones
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or himalayan
- 1 bunch fresh herbs (dill and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- ⅔ teaspoon cayenne pepper or red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric (optional)
Place a pot on medium fire and add the ground meat once is hot. Add the chopped onion and garlic once it is beginning to sizzle. Mix and cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
Add the carrot and the remaining dry ingredients (cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes. I also added turmeric but I have forgotten to put that in picture. It is optional though.
Once cooked, add the cherry tomatoes and the baked beans. Cook for a further 5 -10 min uncovered so the gravy reduces and the dish gets a nice color.
Add the fresh herbs and stir. Turn off the heat.
The baked beans with ground beef is ready and can be served.