This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Shipwreck Casserole is a vintage ground beef recipe that comes together easily with layers of hamburger, potato, kidney beans, onions and tomato soup. Zesty seasoning, bacon, cheese, and a buttery Corn Flake topping finish off the flavorful dish. It's a simple make-ahead dinner that's hearty, flavorful, and totally kid-friendly! The idea for this recipe comes from a blog reader named Diane, who has fond memories of her grandmother preparing a similar dish each fall. Diane couldn't remember the specific measurements, but sent me a list of the ingredients to layer in a dish: sliced potatoes, onions, bacon, kidney beans and tomato soup. She called it "Autumn Dish" because her Gram prepared it for the Dime-a-Dish church suppers each fall. Since I love a good vintage casserole, I was intrigued! After a little bit more poking around, I ultimately discovered that this old-fashioned dish is commonly known as "Shipwreck Casserole" -- and Diane isn't the only one who grew up loving it! "
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time1 hr 10 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven, Skillet
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 baking pan
Read NextCozy "Grown-Up" Mac and Cheese
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Taco Cornbread Casserole
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
- Easy Old Fashioned Apple And Blackberry Crumble
- 30 Minute One Pan Broccoli Gnocchi
- Hominy Au Gratin Casserole
- Zucchini Casserole
- Frito Pie
- Keto Chicken Taco Casserole
- Italian Keto Beef & Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways