This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mac and Asparagus Frittata Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"There are many ways of preparing asparagus but our favourite is frittata. This version is enriched to make a lunch: a comfort meal of macaroni loaded with cheese, perfect for this time of year. If your asparagus is a bit thick, you can peel the outer part and snap off the bottom, as with the rest of the spears. They break naturally, and you throw away the wooden bottom part as it is no use for making frittata. I do not poach the asparagus but fry it for a while (7 minutes) in olive oil, slowly adding ¾ cup of water, salt to taste and oregano. When this is done, do not throw away the sauce as you will need some of it for the frittata. It is much better than plain water for the later stage of the process. It makes for richer flavours, and saves you wasting precious golden olive oil. Frying them for seven minutes makes them al dente with a rich green colour, which is just perfect for topping the base of macaroni, eggs and cheeses. Once baked, it can be matched to any vegetable salad side dish. If any is left over, keep it in the fridge for the next day to eat warmed up or at room temperature for your office lunch."
NotesMac and Asparagus Frittata Bake : Loaded with cheese and seasonal vegetable.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size13 x 9 inches approx.
Read NextBuffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Just when you thought mac and cheese couldn't get any better, this recipe for Best Ever Bacon Mac and Cheese for Two showed up. Gooey… Continue reading: "Best Ever Bacon Mac and Cheese for Two"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- "Country Comfort" Smoked Sausage Casserole
- All-In-One Thanksgiving Casserole
- White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
- Perfectly Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- Bangin' Mac and Cheese
- Cozy Creamed Spinach Casserole
- Chewy Holiday Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Pulled Pork Casserole With Cornbread Topping
- Easy Pineapple Curry
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways