Chicken And Portobello Mushroom Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"For this recipe, you have two options for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. You can use canned soup or opt for a homemade version if you have the extra time. If you use canned soup, I promise I don't judge. As much as I love making dishes from scratch, there simply isn't always enough time to make this happen. dry out as easily. But feel free to use either that you have on hand. A rotisserie chicken or leftover pieces of chicken also work. "
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time40 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 baking/casserole pan
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can 10.5 oz. cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 ounces shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, to garnish
Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss cooked noodles with two or three tablespoons cream of mushroom soup to prevent sticking. Set aside.
While the water for the noodles comes to a boil, place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 4-quart casserole dish and set aside.
Heat one tablespoon each olive oil and unsalted butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add red onion and one teaspoon garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or just until onion begins to soften.
Add mushrooms and remaining butter to the skillet and season lightly with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the softened cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth (if using canned soup), sour cream, remaining garlic powder, and thyme. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
Add the shredded chicken, frozen peas, and cooked noodles to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and gently toss to combine.
Note: If your skillet is not large enough to combine all ingredients, use a large mixing bowl instead.
Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with a lid or sheet of aluminum foil and place in the pre-heated oven.
Bake the casserole for 20 minutes, then carefully remove the lid or foil. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or just until the top is nicely browned. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh chopped parsley right before serving. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Budget-Friendly Great Depression Casserole may not be the prettiest casserole, but it is a delicious recipe that can serve twelve… Continue reading: "Budget-Friendly Great Depression Casserole"
- Busy Day Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Cheesy Chicken Penne Pasta
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Bake
- 5-Ingredient Reuben Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken & Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce
- Family Favorite Chicken Veggie Pot Pie Casserole
- Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Amish Chicken And Corn Casserole
- Ground Beef Casserole with Cornbread Crust
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy And Kid-friendly Ritz Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Pork Chops In Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Rich And Hearty Beef And Ale Stew
- Bread Pudding
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Vegetarian Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Lattice Top Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Gingerbread Crumb Cake
- Holiday Cranberry Cake
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways