Uptown Soda Bread Company
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Uptown Soda Bread Company is a family run business located on Chicago's north side Uptown neighborhood. They make natural, handmade soda breads that are based off a single soda bread recipe that grandmother Mary Slack Collins took with her from Ireland when she came to the United States in the 1920's.
Without Grandma Mary, there would be no Uptown Soda Bread Company. Her childhood home in Ireland is now the centerpiece to the Irish Hunger Memorial in Manhattan today. The stone cottage was brought over stone by stone and put back together exactly how it was in Ireland.
Why is it called soda bread? The term "soda bread" is used because the recipe uses sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and buttermilk instead of traditional yeast. Eggs, sugar, butter, and oil are also omitted from these breads. They sell ten different types of soda breads, including Nana's Raisin, Cranberry Walnut, Chocolate Chip, Cheddar Chive, Bacon Cheddar, S'mores, Honey Cinnamon, Rosemary, Chive, and Bacon Sage. Each loaf offers a unique flavor and is made with care.
Uptown Soda Bread Company's Recipes on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Amish Chicken And Corn Casserole
- Instant Pot Peach Crisp
- Leftover Thanksgiving Cups
- Oven Baked Stuffed French Toast
- Ravioli Lasagna
- Apple Sausage Stuffing
- Sauteed Mushrooms And Onions
- Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Restaurant-style Hash Brown Casserole
- Overnight Cherry Baked French Toast Casserole
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways