Tamale Pie with a Twist
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"This tamale pie casserole is a little different because I use polenta as the base. I also use ground turkey, which makes this a little healthier of a recipe. It is perfect for company and gatherings, especially on a cold evening. This is a crowd-pleaser."
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13-inch pan
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 2 pounds Prepared Polenta
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 1 jar Salsa
- 8 ounces Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
Brown turkey meat, when all browned add taco seasoning, mix until well combined. Add refried beans, salsa and broth, stir until well blended. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using your hands break apart one package of polenta and place in a 13x9 baking dish. Top with the prepared filling (meat/beans/salsa), add cheese and top with the other polenta that is also broken into pieces.
Place in oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Let cook 5 minutes prior to serving.
Once baked the casserole can be sliced and frozen for another time. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Red Lentil Dhal with Coconut Milk
- Easy Sausage Pasta Bake
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Four-Potato Salad Recipe
- Sausage Potato Skillet
- The 10 Best Family Food Blogs
- 5-Ingredient Taco Casserole
- Apple Fritter Casserole
- Warm Texas Trash Dip
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways