15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Campbell's Green Chile Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Break out of your dinner routine with this recipe for Campbell's Green Chile Casserole. This zesty casserole is made with just 5 ingredients, which makes it a breeze to put together. Layers of corn tortillas and a mix of canned mushroom soup, ground beef, and green chiles make up this casserole. Try this simple ground beef casserole recipe for your next fiesta night and enjoy an incredible meal. Since you only need 5 ingredients to make this dish, it is easy to keep the ingredients handy. The whole family is sure to enjoy this recipe!
- 1 can Campbell's Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart shallow baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Stir the soup and chiles in a small bowl.
Layer 6 tortillas in the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping if needed. Layer with half the beef, half the soup mixture and half the cheese. Repeat the layers.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
For more casseroles like this one, check out our collection of
Read NextSloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Apr 19, 2022
I love this recipe. So simple, so good. I used fresh Anaheim chilies. Next time I'm going to add a few things.
Sep 29, 2017
I like that this recipe has just a few ingredients, but I wonder with the comments how much better we can make it. What other methods or ingredients have you used with this recipe because it sounds like a good starter idea? Maybe, adding rotel or some refried beans would give it that little extra it seems to be missing. What do you think?
Jun 13, 2017
This was awful, first of all the directions are unclear. What kind of 3 quart dish? I only used 8 tortillas and it was way to thick. Plus even with the green chiles it was very bland
Jun 14, 2017
Hi mamacatz3, I'm sorry you were disappointed with this recipe. You can use any kind of 3 quart baking dish, so either a 16 x 10-inch oblong pan or even a 9 x 13-inch pan would work. - Natalie, Editor of AllFreeCasseroleRecipes
kmcartoonity 62072 74
May 18, 2017
For a lighter version, you could use ground turkey in this recipe in place of the ground beef, or even some cooked shredded chicken! I love the kick that the chiles give to the dish, without being too spicy. This is so easy to slice and serve, since the bottom layer of tortillas almost makes it like a deep dish Mexican pizza.
kenziewood07 43526 50
May 12, 2017
Would any cream of mushroom soup work or does it have to be Campbell's condensed? I keep non-condensed mushroom soup cans in my cupboard all the time to make chicken or tuna noodle casserole, but I don't have condensed. Would that make a difference? Also, have you tried it with chicken instead of beef?
May 12, 2017
Hi kenziewood07, since this recipe calls for condensed soup which is thicker and creamier than non-condensed cream soups, I'm really not sure if it would have the same consistency if you used non-condensed soup - it might be runny. We haven't tried this recipe with chicken, but I think that would work! - Natalie, Editor of AllFreeCasseroleRecipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
If you like Buffalo chicken wings, then you will love this 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake. This easy chicken casserole recipe… Continue reading: "5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake"
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- One Pot Tex-Mex Goulash
- Easy, Cheesy Slow Cooker Hamburger Casserole
- Doritos Casserole with Ground Beef
- Cattle Drive Casserole
- Deconstructed Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Cheesy, Crunchy Frito Pie Recipe
- Cheesy Beefy Potato Casserole
- Campbell's Green Chile Casserole
- Hamburger Pie with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken And Couscous
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways