GIR Rectangular Silicone Lid Set Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
I think if you asked anyone if they have enough storage space in their kitchens, the unequivocal answer would be, “No.” However, there are some of us out there whose negative answers to that question have nothing to do with vanity. Nor is it wishful thinking. We actually don’t have much, if any, kitchen storage space. For me, that means no counters and only one full-wall cabinet unit, so I’m always looking for gadgets that take up very little space. These GIR lids are a near-perfect solution for me because they can be rolled up very small and stored in a drawer. And that small footprint is important to me.
I was provided with the 9×6 and 9×9 rectangular lids.The rectangular (9×6) and square (9×9) shape I found useful to cover casserole dishes that I place on my table. They help to keep food warm as well. They can also be useful in the oven for when a recipe calls for you to cover while baking. I didn’t try this yet, though, but it would probably be the same as the round lids I used for stovetop cooking.
Needless to say, silicone is safe at high temperatures as well as low temperatures. They’re also great covers for microwave cooking and reheating. The sizes offered are perfect for most pans that will fit in your microwave.
There was one feature that I didn’t like about these lids. For lack of a better word, they were too “floppy.” When I grabbed a round one to cover a skillet, part of the lid dipped into the food and caused a small mess on my stove when I repositioned it on the pan. These lids could do with being a bit thicker so they don’t “flop” so much. And because they are pretty thin, you cannot place anything on top of it should you use it to cover a casserole that’s being refrigerated. Another suggestion is to include a spring for around the perimeter that would keep the lid rigid. That spring could fit in a channel and could be removable for storage. I envision something like a pressure cooker lid and gasket type of set up.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Chicken and pasta recipes with broccoli and very common in the casserole world. If you love this dish but want to make it healthier,… Continue reading: "Light Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole"
- Win a Zing Anything! Trapper Wrap Fresh Storage Set!
- Win an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Covered Casserole!
- Win a Nature's Kitchen Bottle and Can Opener!
- Bella Sun Luci Sun-Dried Tomatoes Starter Pack Review
- Win a King of Pop People's Choice Popcorn Tin!
- Chance to Win a Rachael Ray Cucina Stoneware Rectangular Baker!
- Chance to Win a Duralex Stackable Mixing Bowl Set!
- Enter to Win the Unikia Juicer!
- Chance to Win a Wusthof Classic 7" Craftsman Knife!
- Chance to Win a Lekue LunchBox To Go!
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways