Dei Fratelli Tomatoes Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
I am done using canned tomatoes because I have now discovered boxed tomatoes! The line of Truly tomatoes from Dei Fratelli is wonderful for using in all sorts of recipes. The come in three varieties, petite cut, finely chopped, and rustic cut. I loved using all three in my favorite casserole recipes.
I liked the packaging of the Truly line. It is easy to open and there is no risk of cutting yourself on a sharp lid. The boxes are about the size of two regular cans or 1 large can of tomatoes. The packaging even allows for a couple of delicious recipes to be featured.
My favorite of the three varieties was the rustic cut. I think it works fantastically in pasta sauces. The chunks of tomato actually look fresh and they taste fresh, too! I also used the finely chopped variety in a pizza sauce recipe. They are made with onions, carrots, and celery, giving them a heartier flavor. I also liked that the tomatoes are in a light puree. This makes them perfect for using in sauces and soups.
Not only do these tomatoes have great flavor and texture, but they are also better for you than some canned varieties. They are all completely non-GMO certified so you know what you are eating. I also like that the tomatoes are grown right in the Midwest. They go straight from the field, to the store and to your home. These tomatoes are great to keep on your shelves at all times.
See how to use the tomatoes in a great Bubble Up Pizza Casserole recipe below!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Chicken and pasta recipes with broccoli and very common in the casserole world. If you love this dish but want to make it healthier,… Continue reading: "Light Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole"
- Win a Zing Anything! Trapper Wrap Fresh Storage Set!
- Win an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Covered Casserole!
- Win a Nature's Kitchen Bottle and Can Opener!
- Bella Sun Luci Sun-Dried Tomatoes Starter Pack Review
- Win a King of Pop People's Choice Popcorn Tin!
- Chance to Win a Rachael Ray Cucina Stoneware Rectangular Baker!
- Chance to Win a Duralex Stackable Mixing Bowl Set!
- Enter to Win the Unikia Juicer!
- Chance to Win a Wusthof Classic 7" Craftsman Knife!
- Chance to Win a Lekue LunchBox To Go!
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways