This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- see all comments
"Absolutely amazing dish! Everyone loved it and said it's definitely a keeper!"
"I've been making a recipe quite like this one for years. The difference is, I put a chopped onion in my ground beef and after it's done add a packet of taco seasoning mix and a 15oz can of refried beans. The tomatoes (I use Rotel) I mix with a small melted block of Velveeta cheese. I layer the slightly crushed Doritos in a bowl or casserole dish. Layer the ground beef mixture next. More Doritos. Then a layer of shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Then pour the hot melted Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes over the top and serve immediately. It's fabulous!"
"I want to try this! Ohh my, looks so good!"
"where is the recipe"
Old Fashioned Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
"Savor this classic, time-honored recipe for breakfast, brunch, snack, dessert or tea with a hot beverage. It is crumbly in texture and not overly sweet."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size8" x 8" Baking Pan
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Read NextRainbow Poke Cake with Whipped Cream
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 15, 2022
We had a family cottage that we went to years ago. I used to make up bags of the dry mix and equal number of bags of the streusel mix and pack them with the groceries. Then all I had to do was add the wet ingredients and assemble and it was ready for the oven. Access was by boat cooking was done on a woodstove. But the cake didn't last the day!
Mar 28, 2018
Cake in the morning! I love this recipe for that reason alone. It has been a while since I have even had a coffee cake. The last one was during Mother's day brunch last year. I have never considered making one until I ran across this recipe. I must admit "old fashioned" caught my eye. I knew the ingredients were not from a box and I like that.
Mar 05, 2018
When it comes to breakfast baked goods, it is hard to decide my favorite. Coffee cake rates up there really high and with this home made old fashioned recipe, I think I will be making a batch to serve for the upcoming brunch that I will be hosting for my social club.
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds delicious. Do you know if this is similar to coffee cake recipes with sour cream? My mom makes one like that and it has less ingredients, but I think it may taste similar. I know it is one of my most favorite things to eat in the morning or as a dessert.
Jul 20, 2017
This sounds beyond yummy. We really enjoy coffee cake on lazy weekend mornings. I love coffee cake with cinnamon and brown sugar crumble with nuts. I will be trying the recipe with different types.
Feb 16, 2017
I have to try this for my next brunch. I love the cinnamon and brown sugar topping and can't wait to try this with a hot cup of coffee!
Oct 26, 2016
This is like what my Grandma makes!! YUM.
May 24, 2016
This is an oldie but goodie )
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
If you like Buffalo chicken wings, then you will love this 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake. This easy chicken casserole recipe… Continue reading: "5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake"
- Rainbow Poke Cake with Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Casserole
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Blondies
- Elvis Poke Cake
- Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Buckeye Brownies
- Mint Magic Cookie Bars
- Fully Loaded Hot Fudge Bars
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken And Couscous
- Sushi Bake Recipe
- Ranch Potato Salad With Bacon
- Beef And Cheese Enchiladas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding With Cream Cheese
- Mac And Cheese With Spinach
- Parsley Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Blueberry Cobbler With Lime
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways