Double Chocolate Secret Ingredient Brownies
You'll never guess what makes these Double Chocolate Secret Ingredient Brownies so good. This recipe for brownies gives you a made-from-scratch treat that you can feel good indulging in. It gets a health boost from its secret ingredient, but you'll never believe it because these brownies are packed with tons of chocolate flavor from cocoa powder and chocolate chips. What you won't taste is the zucchini that's hidden in these brownies. Zucchini actually helps make these brownies deliciously moist and gooey. You've got to try these!
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 9 baking dish
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup grade B maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1/3 cup avocado, grape seed or canola oil
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini, not packed
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 packets all natural Stevia, optional or to taste
- 1/2 cup semi or bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, mist a non-stick 9-inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside. You can also line with parchment paper and mist with spray.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make sure there are no lumps of cocoa or flour.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Once all combined, add to the dry ingredients and gently mix until all is combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Tap the batter with a spatula to remove any air bubbles.
Sprinkle on the chips and bake for about 30 minutes. Try not to over bake. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs and the brownies should spring back slightly when touched lightly. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Read NextNo-Bake Banana Dessert Lasagna