Recipes with Tuna: 15 Variations on Your Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipes
By: Emily Racette, Editor, AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Ah, the tuna casserole. It was a classic dish of the 1950s and is still around today. Why? Because it's a delicious comfort food that's easy to make. Our collection, Recipes with Tuna: 15 Variations on Your Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipes, takes the dinner you know and love and adds a new spin. You could eat a different version of tuna noodle casserole for two weeks straight and not get bored. Well, that may not be true. Two weeks of tuna noodle casserole might get a little redundant. The point, however, is that you can do a lot to a tuna noodle casserole to spruce it up.
Take your pick of tuna noodle casseroles. We have upscale, ritzy, puffy, truffled, and more. To find out what all of that means, take a look at our Tuna Noodle Casseroles with a Twist. We also feature the classic version - four different ways. Afterall, it's a classic for a reason, so take a gander and see if they're better than your version at home. Finally, we have a few "lighter" recipes for you. They're full of flavor and nutritional bonuses, so don't pass 'em up. After looking at all of these recipes with tuna, you'll want to try them all!
Recipes with Tuna:
15 Variations on Your Favorite
Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipes
Table of Contents
Tuna noodle casserole is a classic food just like your mother and grandmother used to make. Get more vintage recipes in this collection of 24 Old-Fashioned Recipes.
- Classed Up Tuna Noodle Casserole - Everything in this meal is fresh. Fresh mushrooms, fresh herbs, quality tuna, and a homemade sauce instead of cream soup.
- Puffy Tuna and Rice Casserole (pictured, top right) - Recipes with tuna don't always use noodles. Rice works well, too. This particular recipe is "puffy" from separating the egg whites from the yolks.
- Tuna Casserole Topped with Crispy Hash Browns - Get ready for a wonderful, carb-overload. Spaghetti, macaroni, egg noodles, and hash browns fill this dish. Add bacon, sausage, or ham for a little extra protein.
- Ritzy Tuna Noodle Casserole (pictured, top left) - Ritz crackers form a crunchy crust on top of this excellent tuna noodle casserole. Celery and émushrooms complement the peas.
- Tuna Noodle Casserole Remix (pictured, bottom left) - Broccoli, cauliflower, and black olives replace peas, which are normally in a tuna noodle casserole. A creamy sauce holds everything together and a Parmesan panko topping is the icing on the cake.
- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Leeks and Fresh Dill - Adding leeks and dill to a tuna noodle casserole is a great idea because they add nice flavors. Gruyere cheese makes it creamy and potato chips add a little saltiness.
- Upscale Tuna Noodle Casserole (pictured, bottom right) - Not all tuna casseroles are created equal. In this recipe, the tuna and pasta are covered in a dreamy béchamel sauce and herbs bring in more flavor.
- Truffled Tuna Noodle Casserole - Here's another fancy-schmancy recipe. A mushroom and white wine sauce replaces canned soup, fried shallots and chives replace the breadcrumb topping, and truffle oil and truffle salt add a new dimension of flavor.
- Grandma's Tuna Casserole (pictured, bottom right) - You can always trust Grandma's food to be good. This particular recipe is simple, but definitely not boring. Onions and peppers add a great burst of flavor.
- Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole (pictured, top left) - This is basically your classic tuna casserole but with homemade ingredients instead of store-bought. For instance, the sauce is made from scratch and is worth every minute of it.
- Tuna Noodle Casserole for Two (pictured, bottom left) - This is a great recipe if you don't have a lot of mouths to feed. It makes enough for two people, and is so tasty, you may actually be sad that there are no leftovers.
- Vintage Tuna Noodle Casserole (pictured, top right) - This is perhaps the most classic version of a tuna noodle casserole - straight out of the 50s. Compare it with your version and then decide which one's better.
Tuna is lovingly called "chicken of the sea." For chicken recipes that you'll love just as much as these recipes with tuna, check out our free eCookbook, 12 Top-Rated Chicken Casserole Recipes.
- Lightened Up Tuna Noodle Casserole (pictured, top right) - Tuna noodle casseroles are not always the healthiest dishes around, which is why you need to give this one a try. Whole wheat noodles, carrots, mushrooms, peas, and fat-free dairy products are on the ingredients list.
- Tuna Casserole with a Twist (pictured, top left) - You won't find any soup here. Instead, you get whole wheat pasta, spinach, and cheese. The overall flavor is subtle and it's absolutely delicious.
- Creamy and Crunchy "Tuna" Casserole (pictured, bottom left) - You'll enjoy this meal so much, it will take you awhile before you realize there's no tuna in it! Tofu is used instead, and the whole thing is vegan.
Images from other cooks
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Vintage Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Grandpa's Tuna Casserole
- Recipes with Tuna: 15 Variations on Your Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipes
- Grandma's Tuna Casserole
- Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Grown-Up Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Easy Tuna Casserole
- Ritzy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Creamy Tuna Casserole
- Classed Up Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 12 Top Rated Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 13 Easy Recipes for Halloween
- 14 Deliciously Good Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 14 Perfectly Delicious Christmas Recipes for Breakfast
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: 14 Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pumpkin Crisp Pie
- Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Amish Sunday Supper Pot Pie
- Pineapple and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Apple Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- 21 Best Pie Recipes: How to Make a Pie for Any Occasion
- Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin
- Julia's Green Bean Casserole
- Southern Grandmother's Corn Pudding