28 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
By: Emily Racette, Editor of AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Thanksgiving is the time of year to reflect on what you are thankful for. Hopefully our guide, 28 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes, will be on that list. We have put together a collection of a variety of Thanksgiving side dish recipes to go with another one of our collections, 26 Perfect Casseroles for Thanksgiving. There are green bean casseroles, stuffing recipes, mashed potatoes, and more. We hope you find what you are looking for. Some may even turn into dishes you make every year.
While each family has their own holiday traditions, don't let your Thanksgiving dinner get stale. Keep the turkey the same for those traditionalists, but mix it up when it comes to the side dishes. The sky's the limit! There are plenty of variations on your favorite recipes. Many of these side dish recipes are Test Kitchen-approved so that your Thanksgiving dinner will be a guaranteed success.
28 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Table of Contents
Find even more Thanksgiving side dish recipes in our printable collection of Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: 14 Thanksgiving Side Dishes.
These recipes with corn will taste great with that turkey of yours. They're easy, cheesy, and one has a bit of a kick. Can you guess which one?
- Corn Pudding the Easy Way
- Corn and Cheese Pudding with Green Chilies
- Classic Cheesy Corn
- Southern Grandmother's Corn Pudding
Among your Thanksgiving side dish recipes, there has to be one for green beans. Here are some great options. One is just like the famous green bean casserole with French-fried onions, except it doesn't use cream of mushroom soup. The other excludes any mushroom flavor, so if you're not a fan of mushrooms, this recipe's for you. Others include special, homemade versions of the iconic casserole that will remind you of your childhood.
- Soup-less Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
- Italian Style Green Bean Casserole
- Special Green Bean Casserole
- Julia's Green Bean Casserole
Cauliflower is a good ingredient in Thanksgiving side dish recipes. This Twice Baked Cauliflower recipe is similar to the famous twice baked potatoes and just as delicious. There's also a cheesy cauliflower casserole that's sure to be a delight. Kids will especially like the mac and cheese-like flavors of these cheesy cauliflower casseroles.
- Twice Baked Cauliflower
- Bleu Cheese and Cauliflower Casserole
- Grandma's 3-Ingredient Cauliflower Bake
- Cheese-It's-Good Cauliflower Casserole
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without stuffing. Here are some good choices. They contain cranberries, pasta, artichokes, and even mashed potatoes. These may not be traditional stuffing recipes, but they're mighty tasty.
- My Favorite Stuffing
- Nona's Traditional Italian Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Artichoke Parmesan Sourdough Stuffing
- Amish Potato Filling
Mashed potatoes are a favorite of Thanksgiving side dish recipes. We have some that you have to try. One version can be made ahead, which is always a plus for Thanksgiving recipes. Another is made with sun-dried tomatoes, which is awesome. Lastly, we have a mashed potato recipe with bacon and one that's made in our very own Test Kitchen!
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Smoky Mashed Potato Casserole with Bacon
- Country Cottage Potato Casserole
Ah, sweet potatoes...they're like dessert for dinner. These sweet Thanksgiving side dish recipes will have you begging for more. Maple syrup, apples, and butternut squash take these dishes from ordinary to extraordinary.
- Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mashed Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
- Praline Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pineapple and Sweet Potato Casserole
Onion gratins make great Thanksgiving side dish recipes. Onion fans will love this Creamed Pearl Onion Gratin, which contains tons of pearl onions, white cheddar sauce, and crunchy breadcrumbs. Another option is the Onion Gratin with Rosemary and Thyme. The onions are roasted with mayo, lemon juice, mustard, and cheese. Even non-onion fanatics will like the selection of onion au gratin recipes we have to offer for Thanksgiving.
- Creamed Pearl Onion Gratin
- Onion Gratin with Rosemary and Thyme
- Cheesy Onion Casserole
- French Onion Casserole
For the rest of your Thanksgiving meal, check out our free eCookbook, Fall Casserole Ideas: 14 Deliciously Good Recipes for Thanksgiving.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling
- Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: 14 Thanksgiving Side Dishes Free eCookbook
- "Fall Casserole Ideas: 14 Deliciously Good Recipes for Thanksgiving" Free eCookbook
- Amish Potato Filling
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- World's Best Green Bean Casserole
- Corn Pudding: The Easy Way
- 26 Perfect Casseroles for Thanksgiving
- Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake
- Make Ahead Green Bean Casserole
- 11 Recipes for Easter Brunch
- 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles
- 15 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 15 Easy Potluck Recipes For A Church Supper
- 19 Scrumptious Casserole Recipes for Breakfast
- 20 Casserole Recipes for Mexican Food Lovers
- 9 Casserole Recipes to Make When Eating on a Budget
- Cooking Vegetable Side Dishes: 9 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Copycat Restaurant Recipes: 17 Casseroles to Make at Home
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: 12 Ways
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Onion Ring-Topped Cheesy Beef Casserole
- Chili Cheese Crescent Frito Pie
- Hamburger Mac and Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Best-Ever Toad in the Hole Recipe
- Baked Garden Minestrone Casserole Recipe
- Peanut Butter Crunch Flourless Brownies
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf and Mashed Potato Pie
- 4-Ingredient Meatball Sub Casserole
- No-Bake Pub Fudge Bars
- Crazy Good Chicken and Mushroom Casserole